Why can't I remove a feature service from my online map.

07-17-2015 12:29 PM
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

I am working on creating a map in Arcgis Online.  I added the Feature service to the map and I added a map service to the map. Now I need to remove the feature service but It doesn't appear in the content list.  How can I remove this layer? It is clearly still in the map because I can edit and it appears in the map details, just not in the content list.   What gives?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Can you upload a screen shot of what you are experiencing?

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

Sure I will try.

This image shows the details of the map in Online.  You can see the Photo layer I have added as my basemap.  The Parking Plan  map service that draws the the custom symbols and labels, and two feature services. Parking Assignment and EmpParking. These are the same service but I accidentally added it to the map twice.  AFAIK I cannot remove layers from the map in this view.  If I load the map in to the map viewer. The only layer in the Contents tab (where I can remove layers) is the Parking Plan layer.

So how can I remove the Feature layers. 

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Looks like these services are secure.  Does the username/password you are specifying for the services have privileges to view all three?

How did you add these services to the web map?  Did you search for the layers in ArcGIS Online, or did you add them by going to Add > Add Layer from Web?

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

Yes the username has rights to see all three layers.  I added the layers by going to Add > Add Layer from Web?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

IT looks like you might be able to expand the Parking Plan....can you see the layers then?​

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

That shows the layer that is in the map service, not the feature services.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Did the feature service layers appear and load in the map when you were editing the web map?

If you can reproduce this issue still, please contact Support Services.

Cheers,

Kelly

0 Kudos