Transferring Shape File Data to SQL Server via a .NET Script

06-30-2015 07:14 AM
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

For background, please see this: geometry - ArcGIS Desktop: Not Rendering Line Data but Web Service Outputs Fine - Geographic Informa...

But I haven't gotten any help in that place or in Stack Overflow either--and hence yet another cross post here.

Basically, I have Floor Plans in Shape files; the data is Polylines ZM--though I am not sure what the Z and M values are for and so I am not outputting them into JSON files. Most things work fine but not quite there. I think, per the above link's 'Update 3', if I can get that to work then all should be good.

I am so close but not 100% there. I need help! I could ask my boss to even pay someone to help figure this critical piece out. I am willing to even have a screen share session hosted by me if needed.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

Some more info: I think the new Floor Plan data we are getting are in much better format; after the JSON to database insertion, running the following command:

update SPLANNING_FLOORPLANS2 set shape = shape.MakeValid() where shape.STIsValid() = 0

does seem to fix the geometry--at least no more of the 'number of points...' error.

But the data I am getting is in SC State Plane '102733' Coordinate System. I assume the web service will always be the 1984 (3857) one? So any Published data simply never shows up in any web service. I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos