Error while creating features in Arc SDE featureclass

06-11-2015 08:48 AM
SRINIVASANM_E1
New Contributor

Hi All, I am facing an edit issue on Arc SDE geodatabase.

Scenario : We have all our feature classes under 'ASSET' schema which is the owner. And we created an additional user 'TEST1' in database and provided Read/Write permission at database level and provided the same permission on Arc Catalog using Manage--->Privileges with SELECT\INSERT\UPDATE\DELETE privileges.

Issue : I created an ArcSDE connection with ASSET user and i am able to edit the feature class like create feature, update,etc.

But when i create an ArcSDE connection with TEST1 user, i am getting the following error 'The Create Feature task could not be completed. Underlying DBMS error'

untitled.bmp

Kindly help in resolving this issue.

Platform:

ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1

Arc SDE 10.2.1

Oracle 12 C

Thanks,
Srini
Srini1907@gmail.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

It sounds like the TEST1 user has different permissions than you do.  You may need to talk to your DBA.

0 Kudos
GIS-celVlaams-Brabant
New Contributor

Hello,

Did you find a solution for this problem? We face the same issue for a feature class in an SQL Server database. 

I granted Select/Insert/Update/Delete privileges to the user, but he's still not able to create new features:

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Check the properties of the database version (if no versions, then it will be default).  If you right-click on a connection file (that has access) and select Administration -> Administrate Geodatabase, the Versions tab should show this info

We use versioning and keep our default as Protected. Then if we make a version for a user, they are the owner of tat version and we keep it as Private.  We do this to keep mutliple users from working on the same version, and keep Protected on the default to prevent accidental modification. 

If that doesn't help, include info on Software version, SQL version, etc.  Make sure you have all the requirements for the version, include the proper Microstoft native client on the user machine.

0 Kudos
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

Just noticed the same problem: user can edit attributes but cannot create a new feature. All versions are public.

SQL Server/SDE 10.1

Desktop 10.3.1 Advanced

SQL Native Client 2012

The version in question is the child of one I created yesterday with a database authentication login. The editing user is using an operation system login, so his version when editing is prefaced with "DBO" not "SDE". We were forced into OS authentication recently due to security rules.

0 Kudos