AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add multiple attachments at once with FeatureLayer addAttachment method?

Question asked by murdoch on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by allenallen

Is this possible?  I have a working sample that uploads single selected attachments, but I would like to upload multiple attachments with one click.  The file input HTML control supports multiple attachments, but when I try to pass an input form element with the "multiple" value into the FeatureLayer addAttachment method (FeatureLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript ), I get this error message:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'attachmentId' of undefined

The failure seems to occur on this line:
attachmentId = result.attachmentId;

Here is some relevant code.  apologies if the code looks wonky, the editor seems to be having issues...

//Add Input file components for file upload
                      var fileInputForm = domConstruct.create("form");
                      var inputNode = domConstruct.create("input", { id: "files", type: "file", name: "attachment", multiple: "multiple" });
                      var fileList = domConstruct.create("output", { id: "list" });

domConstruct.place(inputNode, fileInputForm);
                      domConstruct.place(fileInputForm, addDiv);

gLayer.addAttachment(objIdVal, fileInputForm, function (result) {

console.log(result);

var fileInput = query("input", fileInputForm)[0];
                                      array.forEach(fileInput.files, function (file) {
                                          var fileName = file.name

//This code works for single attachments when the multiple keywork in the input form is removed..

//var fileName = fileInput.value;
                                          //fileName = fileName.substr(fileName.lastIndexOf("\\") + 1);

//Do something with the file names here..

}

}, function (error) { 
                                      console.log(error);
                                      errorUploadMessage.innerHTML = "ERROR:" + error.message;
                                      domStyle.set(errorUploadMessage, "display", "block");
                                  });

;

Outcomes