Code problem IE 9 and up

Jump to solution
05-19-2015 06:15 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

I am having some issues with an application that I created in IE9 and higher.

Here is a link to my application: Advanced Draw

When I use it in Firefox, Google Chrome and IE 8 everything works fine. Once I switch to IE9 when I place a point, the point is displaced to the top-left. When I switch to IE10 the same happens and I have to click twice to place a point. I can't figure out what the issue could be.

If anybody has any inside!

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

Could you remove the CSS 1% margin set in the css of the application and test the same.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
thejuskambi

Could you remove the CSS 1% margin set in the css of the application and test the same.

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks for the reply.

It lessens the offset but it is still there and so is the having to click twice issue.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I had this problem as well - honestly, I can't remember the resolution, but I know one exists! I'll see if I can dig it up...

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I think it has something to do with the bottom div - if I remove the left/top attributes of #bottom, it puts your "created by" div at the top; however, the points are no longer offset in IE.

UPDATE - I think I changed something else in addition to this as I tried to replicate the resolution and was unsuccessful.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I tried it but still the same issues

0 Kudos
thejuskambi

Are you sure. It works for me when I remove the margin 1% from the html page.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I updated the code in the link and removed the margin, but I still have the issue of displacement.

0 Kudos
thejuskambi

I am not sure why this happens, But I definitely know there is some kind of an issue with getMarginBox method and IE. for some reason the margin values are ignored. I dont have the time to look into it, If somebody does, It would be really helpful to get to the bottom of it.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I think you are right, since the dojo themes apply automatic margins around the map. Take a look.

0 Kudos