customizing and deploying an existing web app builder app

04-19-2015 03:34 PM
BanchanaPandey
New Contributor III

I imported an already existing web app builder app locally to my machine, opened it as a web project from visual studio 2013 and added a widget.

Only after that, I registered the app to have an id. How do I now run it locally through my machine to see my changes or deploy it in a different server as a web application. I want to deploy the widget just to this particular app and not be available to the entire web app builder apps.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Banchana,

Then all you have to do is treat the file as you would any other website and copy the file to your web server.

BanchanaPandey
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks! I deployed the app to the server, but I am having trouble figuring out the proxy settings.

I have read through the help documentation to figure out the proxy, but no luck.

Do I have to download the proxy.ashx and proxy.config and put it as a folder in the server where the app is deployed and modify the proxy.config to add the Portal home url?

Thanks!

B

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Banchana,

I thought the instructions in the proxy resources page was pretty straight forward and easy.

resource-proxy/README.md at master · Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub

• Download and unzip the .zip file or clone the repository. You can download a released version (recommended) or the most recent daily build.
  • Install the contents of the DotNet folder as a .NET Web Application, specifying a .NET 4.0 application pool or later. For example using the following steps:
    • Open IIS Manager
    • If you put the DotNet folder within wwwroot, right-click it and select "Convert to Application".
    • Make sure the "Application pool" is at least 4.0.
  • Test that the proxy is installed and available:
http://[yourmachine]/DotNet/proxy.ashx?ping 

Do I have to download the proxy.ashx and proxy.config and put it as a folder in the server where the app is deployed and modify the proxy.config to add the Portal home url?

A: Yes

Once you have the proxy installed and tested then you just open the main config.json for your deployed WAB app and enter the url (below is an example of how mine is set).

"httpProxy": {

"useProxy": true,

"alwaysUseProxy": false,

"url": "/WAB/Proxy/proxy.ashx",

"rules": []

}