Greetings community. When i try to use any tool on Arc Toolbox or even when i try to open ArcToolbox Arc Map Freezes and then closes as a message apperas which says that i shall send an error report to ESRI.
Did ArcGIS work correctly before? Any changes occurred (other software installed)? You might want to re-install ArcGIS.
Does ArcCatalog crash when you try to open toolbox?
If No. Then you can try renaming Normal.mxt. Please follow the steps below:
- Close all ArcGIS applications
- Go to following location.
- Rename Normal.mxt to Old_Normal.mxt
- Open ArcMap and try to reproduce the behavior
ArcCatalog crashes too. :/ Should i un-install Arcgis and re-install it?
Please try following steps :
- Go to C:\Users\Userprofile folder\AppData\Roaming\ESRI
- Rename ESRI folder as ESRI_OLD
Log in using other user's credentials and check if ArcMap / ArcCatalog Crashes
Retrieving data ...