AnsweredAssumed Answered

how to select by attributs in modelbuilder with iterate?

Question asked by geonetadmin on Apr 4, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2014 by Hornbydd
Original User: edorheim

Hi

I've tried to find an answer to this question on the forum since there is quite a few that seems similiar, but I can't find an answer to my question in them, so if you know that this has been answered before, please redirect me.

I have crated a model that iterates GPX-files from a folder and works through it and gives me a raster as output with pixel values after how many tracks passes through each pixel.

This works the way I want it to(except it's quite slow).

What i want is to add a function to my model, now it creates one combined raster from every input GPX file, but in addition I want it to do the same just only for each month.

every polyline feature has an attribute field called "Month" with values 1-12 after which month it was created.

Here is the model so far(simplified, the full one is in attached thumbnails):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32799[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32800[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking that the last par of the model, from "Polyline to Raster" and out, needs to be copied for each month, and with some type of "select by attributes" I can manage to create rasters from specific months.

the problem is that I don't know how to select the polylines by attributes and get them in to a new string on the model.

this is kind of what I think it might look like:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32801[/ATTACH]

the first part of the model is the same as above, attached one string for February and one for January, and its this select by attributes step i need help with.

anyone? Thanks for your time!

Attachments

Outcomes