Cannot delete feature vertex point.

05-30-2011 11:35 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: EpworthMaps

I have not been able to delete vertex points using a Safari or Firefox browser, using OSX 10.6.7 or in IE8 using Windows 7.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you provide a little more information on what application you are using? Are you using the ArcGIS.com map viewer, ArcGIS Explorer Online? Are you editing a feature you've added to the map or a feature service?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot delete any vertex point, end or interior, for either Viewer or Explorer tool set, for any: line, freehand line or area feature, that I have added.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
In the ArcGIS.com map viewer, you click the feature once to see the resize handles, then you click the feature again to see the vertices. Now, right click on any vertex to delete it. This works in all browsers, except IE9 right now. I just tried IE7, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and they all work

In Explorer Online, I think you've found a bug. You should be able to hover over a vertex and click the Delete key on your keyboard to delete it. For me, however, it deletes the whole feature, not just the vertex. I'll report this.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Partial success; OK for IE8 and Safari 5.0.5, but not for Firefox 4.0.1
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
ArcGIS Explorer Online definitely has a known issue. However, I am able to delete vertices in the ArcGIS.com map viewer in all browsers except IE9...Are you saying that you can't delete vertices in firefox for the map viewer?

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct; In Safari browser I get a 'Delete' pop-up, which I select and the vertex deletes. In the Firefox browser I get a a 3 line pop-up: 'Copy', 'Select All', 'View Selection Source'. See attachments.

I am running FF 4.0.1, on a MacBook Pro at OSX 10.6.7, using the ArcGIS.com viewer.

What additional info can I provide?

Steve
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I see where I went wrong initially... I missed that you are running OSX 10.6.7... I was trying on my PC and everything was working fine...

We can reproduce the problem...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos