AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field Mappings in Modelbuilder Arcgis 10 - Append tool

Question asked by geonetadmin on May 19, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 28, 2011 by hdunn
Original User: bbunch76

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the append tool in modelbuilder. I am appending a number or of featureclasses to a single feature class. The append works fine but the text fields do not come over. The output featureclass just has null in those particular attributes. I have seen some other websites/posts that relate to a similar type issue with 9.3 and earlier.

I have researched various methods that people have suggest with little success. If I run a test process with known inputs it works fine. When it is part of a much larger model where inputs are only known at the run stage, I have had to add a variable of field mapping parameters to match the same as the input feature classes that all share the same three fields and this has not worked.

I am on 10 SP2.

I don't really want to have to use any python scripts. All too often when python changes to a new version it results in breaking things from my experience.

Has anyone had this issue and discovered a workaround? or something that I am missing that I can try?

The attached images show the differences in model readiness (obvious) :) and their respective field mappings that are automatically created on the known inputs version of the model and the manually added ones on the append process with unknown inputs.

This is very frustrating.

Thanks

Brady

Outcomes