Geodata Service Query in JS Web App

Jump to solution
08-27-2014 01:29 PM
MathewSuran
New Contributor III

I have a gdb that we maintain on a network drive.  I shared as a geodata service on our ArcGIS Server.  I am trying to access the gdb in a custom js web app.  Does anyone know the best way to display the data from the geodata service in the js custom web app?  Particularly, a relationship class from the gdb?  I want to ultimately be able to query the data that the relationship class references.  Thanks in advance!

Mat

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

add the Feature Class and the Tables that participate in the relationship to a Map Document and publish as a Map Service.  The Map Service will allow you to view the Feature Class, the Table, and relationships via the REST endpoint.  Then you can use the JS API to query for related features based on a feature and relationship.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGrayson
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

add the Feature Class and the Tables that participate in the relationship to a Map Document and publish as a Map Service.  The Map Service will allow you to view the Feature Class, the Table, and relationships via the REST endpoint.  Then you can use the JS API to query for related features based on a feature and relationship.

0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III

Ok that's what I tried to do, haven't added the query api yet to see if it displays what I want it to display.  I will try that tomorrow.

0 Kudos