Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ray,

I prefer not to as this is a layer that has real crime info and is one of my services and not a sample service.

0 Kudos
RayJimenez
Emerging Contributor

Robert,

No worries. I finally figures out what I was missing to get this to work. I needed to include the field that makes up the unique values in the list of “Included Fields”.

Now that I know what I was missing it makes perfect since why it was not working.

Thanks for taking the time to help me and this widget is so awesome.

Ray Jimenez

0 Kudos
EstonSpain1
Deactivated User

I dig the app. It worked for me!

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2
Frequent Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ I have asked this to WAB developers at DevSummit but they suggested to ask you as well. Does your Enhanced Search Widget allow to search among feature collections returned to the client (browser) side? I have a lot of GP services that create some type of vector output that is added as a feature collection operational layer to WAB. However, at 2.3 Dev Edition it does not seem like neither Query, Search, or Filter can act on feature collections but rather on actual data already sitting on the server, hence the widgets all need to be pre-configured with existing layers. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

because a FeatureLayer based on a FeatureCollection has this limitation:

• Does not support queries that need to be performed on the server, e.g. queries with a where clause or non-extent based spatial queries.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/featurelayer-amd.html#featurelayer2 

The answer is no.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the pointer. I see. However, it is reasonable to assume that some users would want to filter out the output of an analysis (e.g. of a GP widget output), whether it is in the attribute table directly or in a different widget. Would I encounter the same problem if I were to create my own GP service (e.g. inside a new GP widget) that takes the output of the analysis and apply a filter based on an attribute found in the feature collection table? Other widgets can use outputs as new input for a GP widget so I am assuming in theory that should be possible...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

I am not sure how other GPs are using a GPs output as their input. All I know is the direct limitation mentioned about to querying a FeatureLayer from a FeatureCollection.

0 Kudos
WilliamCanady
Emerging Contributor

Robert,

Do you have a WAB widget for Map Links similar to this one for flex viewer? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

William,

No I don't have a tree view list of links. What I have for WAB is a URL button widget (single url for each button).

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-8591-url-button-widget-version-23-02142017 

0 Kudos
TimHayes
Frequent Contributor

Robert, 

Are there any issues we need to be aware of when using your 2.3 widgets in WAB DE 2.4?

0 Kudos