Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
MichaelUrciuoli
New Contributor II

Robert,

It doesn't matter if I check "use UTC" or leave it unchecked, it still shows the date results 4 hours earlier than what the time should be in SQL...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

It looks like your dates have real times in your SQL data. Normally people have issues with dates when there is no time specified, but dates in general using ArcGIS Server can be an issue. See this blog:

ArcGIS JavaScript Hack: Fixing Dates from ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
MichaelUrciuoli
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert. I was able to create a new SQL view and added a new date column which is just a string conversion of the original date/time field. I'm still using the original date field for the search but now using the new string date field for the attribute/results display. It now comes into the enhanced search widget results and attribute table with the proper date + time 🙂

Here is the syntax for the newly converted sql field in case this can help anyone else...

CONVERT(varchar(23), my_original_date_field 100) AS my_new_date_string_field,

0 Kudos
StephenKnittel
New Contributor

Hello Robert,

We want to use your enhanced search widget with a minor customization to link a selected features attributes to a custom print template instead of the csv export. We think that we can figure this out if we knew the selection function, but we are having a hard time figuring out what the function is called.  If you could provide any assistance that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

Not real sure what you are wanting but the QueryTask exectute results fire the _onSearchFinish function in the Widget.js

0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

Are you planning to develop a Select By Location widget similar to the one available in ArcMap? I mean, the Enhanced Search Widget is great and all but it would be great having the Select By Location widget. The one from ArcMap also recognizes the selected features in the map so it is really handy for filtering out the results further by intersecting/etc with other layers.

Cheers,

Jose

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jose,

No I have no plans for that. The eSearch basically does most of it, except for select from a current selection and you have to have features selected from a graphical search of a by value search before you can use the by spatial.

0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the reply Robert. The Select By Location function is really helpful hence why it exists in ArcMap. This tool covers many more useful scenarios that normally happens when you are doing spatial analysis on a map. Hopefully this will become part of the default builder soon or I will have to implement it from scratch.

Cheers,

Jose

0 Kudos
RayJimenez
New Contributor II

Hello Robert,

Great work on the eSearch widget. It has saved my bacon loads of times. I have made some modifications to fit what my users were asking and if you like to take a look at what I have done the please check it out at http://gis.utlands.utsystem.edu/WellDataApp/  Your widget is the little binoculars.

I was wondering a few things about the widget.

1. Is there a way to include related table data when the attribute table is opened?

2. I added a way to change colors for each query but what I really would like to do is have the user change the color, is that possible?

3. Is there a way the search can do a spatial query on data using data from an initial search. i.e. show points that are in a searched polygon?

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ray,

1. Related data is not yet supported in the eSearch.

2. I am not sure I get the purpose/benefit of this. Are you talking about changing the color of all the current search results by clicking on some button that would allow you to select symbology color after the search is completed?

3. That is currently the only way that "By Spatial" works (unless I am not understanding your question).

0 Kudos