Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My WAB equivalent is the eBasemap Gallery.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam.....a list of links to most of the custom widgets available can be found Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Rebecca Strauch, GISP

I do check out the Customization Resource List about once each week.  Thank you for passing along the link though.

I thought somebody else had requested or suggested that Robert make a Basemap Switcher Widget for WAB, similar to what he made for Flex.  I now have my answer on the status of that.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-nt6yutH0hUVL
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Question from a newbie using webapp builder:  how do I take one of your custom apps and inset/use into web app builder?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are talking about the ArcGIS Online version, you will not be able to do this without installing the WAB-developer edition locally.  If that is the case, check out the resources you can find Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​  especially the link to Tapas Das' instructions.

0 Kudos
MaureenGrener
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I am very much interested in your Google Streetview widget.  I have been using the AGOL WAB up on ESRI's site for a while now and I just downloaded the WAB for development on my desktop.   I imported one of my apps from the ESRI AGOL site and added your Google Streetview widget to the app.   I'm a bit thrown on the Google API key.  I'm not a developer by trade, and I'm new to the Web App Builder and web but learning fast.   I applied for my google api key and put it in but I am getting a circle with a line through it when testing and also saving and previewing.   So, maybe I need to add some site referrers to the Browser API key?  Great widgets!  I'm a Flex fan so I wasn't sold on the WAB - you're helping to change that!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Maureen,

When you are using the widget inside WAB (i.e. not deployed to a web server yet) then you should leave the key blank. Only after you have downloaded your app and deployed it to your production web server do you need to use the KEY.

0 Kudos
MaureenGrener
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert,

I just got it to work. Only issue for us is, I don’t have an outward facing production server. I’m serving most of my data/apps up in ESRI’s cloud. So the question here is, can I turn around and put this application back up into the ESRI’s site for use with these widgets or not?

Thank you for your time and consideration,

I’m friends with Ken Carrier, and he has been helping me out a lot – he speaks highly of you.

Maureen Grener

Maureen E. Grener

GIS Coordinator, IT/GIS

City of Delaware, OH

mgrener@delawareohio.net<mailto:mgrener@delawareohio.net>

www.delawareohio.net<http://www.delawareohio.net/>

PH: 740 203-1291

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Maureen,

Unfortunately not this is no of the most disappointing parts of the WAB product. Neither on premise portal or AGOL can use custom widgets only WAB Dev and you can not turn around and upload your app to AGOL for hosting there. Your only option is to have a pulic facing web server that you can deploy your app to.

0 Kudos