Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Here is perhaps a stupid question.  Can your custom widgets be somehow used in AGOL WAB-based web mapping applications?  I made one online (not using WAB Dev edition) which accesses services published on my local server, but it of course needs an ID widget.  Could I somehow get your upcoming ID widget in there?

Best regards,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Barnaby,

Do you plan to leave your WAB app on AGOL or are you going to click the download button and host the app on your own web server? If you plan to leave it on AGOL, I don't have much insight on how to add custom widgets (I do remember reading that it is suppose to be possible though).

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure at this point.  I think I will eventually download it and host it locally, in which case I could add your widget.  Please let me know if you can point me to instructions as to how to add custom widgets to AGOL-hosted WAB apps, as it would be great if I could do everything on AGOL without having to download and host the app.

Best regards,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Robert,

My organization has a AGOL group account.  From My Content on that account, I see no way to download any WAB apps I made online.  This is a bummer, as it would be quite helpful to download apps I made online, saving me time.

On WAB Dev installed on my local server, I see the download option, which I now use to deploy apps and host them locally.

Cheers,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
JacobSiech
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I downloaded your google street view widget and copy and pasted it into my WAB Dev. Edition the widget come up a an option but when I click on it the box come up but with no drag and drop "guy".  Am I doing something wrong or did I forget to alter another file to get this widget to work?

Cheers,

Jake

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jake,

Have you tried the Live Preview Site so that you can understand how the widget works and is suppose to look like?

but when I click on it the box come up but with no drag and drop "guy"

Do you mean that the widget does not have the Street View Guy in the middle of it?...

0 Kudos
JacobSiech
New Contributor III

Robert,

That is correct there is no Street View Guy in the middle.  Just an empty box.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jake,

1. Are you using the 1.x developer version?
  2. Did you copy the whole StreetView folder (not just its contents) to the widgets folder.
  3. If so does it have an images folder containing 14 images?
  4. Can you use your browsers developer tools (in IE press F12, in Chrome and FF press Ctrl+Shift+i) and tell me what the console says?
0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Robert, are there installation instructions for your custom widgets?  Which folder do I copy the custom widget folder into?  For example, do I copy your "StreetView" widget folder 1) into the \client\stemapp\widgets directory so that the widget will be available for all future apps I make in WAB, and/or 2) into my widgets folder of already-created apps, such as \server\apps\9\widgets?

Best regards,

Barnaby

Edit:  Never mind, I copied it into the \client\stemapp\widgets directory, and it works PERFECTLY!!!!!!   AWESOME!  Is there a Flex version of this app?

Answer:  http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b4259b1cf73e4fa3b04e7bdf75fee29b   

(Robert, note that page title still says the widget is for Flex 3.6.)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Barnaby,

Thanks I just fixed that.

0 Kudos