registry.byId returning undefined for existing widget in WAB2.8

Jump to solution
05-16-2018 08:43 PM
AndrewTerwiel
Occasional Contributor II

I have a custom widget settings file that is calling dijit.registry.byId on a textbox that I know exists, but the function is returning undefined. This is occurring in the settings startup function and only began failing when I migrated from WAB2.7 to 2.8.

Snippet

startup: function () {
                console.log('startUp');
                this.inherited(arguments);
                parser.parse();

var textNode = registry.byId("maxZoomTextBox");
                if (textNode)
                    textNode.set('value', this.config.maxZoom);
            },‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
<div>
    <label>${nls.maxZoomTextBoxLabel}</label>
    <input id="maxZoomTextBox" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/TextBox" type="text" style="width:40px;"/>
    <br />
    <br />
    <label>${nls.featurelayerTextBoxLabel}</label>
    <br />
    <div class="jimu-widget-clusterer-setting-layers-container" data-dojo-attach-point="layersContainer" id="layersContainerDiv">
    </div>
    <div class="jimu-btn add-featurelayer" data-dojo-attach-point="addFeaturelayer" data-dojo-attach-event="onclick:_onBtnAddFeaturelayerClicked">Add feature layer</div>
</div>‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

textNode always = undefined

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew

registry.byId(this.maxZoomTextBox.id) Is not the way to do it. All you need in your code is this.maxZoomTextBox ( assuming that is what you put for the data-dojo-attach-point) to get widget reference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Adri2cPérez_Beneito
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

You can try this ('dojo/dom' must be imported):

dom.byId("maxZoomTextBox").valuethis.config.maxZoom;
AndrewTerwiel

dom.byId does not return a dijit, it returns a dom node.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

You should be using data-dojo-attach-point on all your controls. That way you can get access to them using this.blahblah

0 Kudos
AndrewTerwiel

Hi Robert, I'm now doing that, but registry.byId is still returning undefined when I go registry.byId(this.maxZoomTextBox.id)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew

registry.byId(this.maxZoomTextBox.id) Is not the way to do it. All you need in your code is this.maxZoomTextBox ( assuming that is what you put for the data-dojo-attach-point) to get widget reference.

0 Kudos
AndrewTerwiel

I've ended up creating the TextBox programmatically instead of declaratively, as the declarative code was not creating a dijit in the DOM. I don't know why. Here's the code that works.

var maxZoomTextBox = new TextBox({
                    class: 'clusterer-maxzoom-textbox',
                    style: 'width: 40px; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px;',
                    id: 'maxZoomTextbox'
                });
                maxZoomTextBox.set('value', this.config.maxZoom);
                maxZoomTextBox.placeAt('maxZoomTextBoxDiv');‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
<div>
    <label>${nls.maxZoomTextBoxLabel}</label>
    <div data-dojo-attach-point="maxZoomTextBox" data-dojo-props='style:{width:"40px"}'
         id="maxZoomTextBoxDiv"></div>
    <br />
    <br />
    <label>${nls.featurelayerTextBoxLabel}</label>
    <br />
    <div class="jimu-widget-clusterer-setting-layers-container" data-dojo-attach-point="layersContainer" id="layersContainerDiv">
    </div>
    <div class="jimu-btn add-featurelayer" data-dojo-attach-point="addFeaturelayer" data-dojo-attach-event="onclick:_onBtnAddFeaturelayerClicked">Add feature layer</div>
</div>‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you include dijit/form/TextBox in your settings.js and do you have widgetsInTemplateMixin in your define and declare?

0 Kudos
AndrewTerwiel

I already had dijit/form/TextBox, and just now added widgetsInTemplateMixin, but it made no difference.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew so you added dijit._WidgetsInTemplateMixin to the define array list and also the declare _WidgetsInTemplateMixin to the declare array (that is the step most developers forget)

0 Kudos