Download a shapefile function on ArcGIS AppBuilder

05-16-2018 11:14 AM
JessieSmith4
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am currently using the ArcGIS online App Builder for a custom web app. I am hoping to let users click on a shapefile, in my case they are trails, and download it. I am using the screening widget, but the option to download as shapefile is grayed out, only csv downloads are allowed. I have enabled sync on my hosted feature layer and am not sure why downloaded as shapefile is still not available? I am still missing something, or is there another widget that allows for downloading of shapefiles? 

Thanks,

Jessie

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jessie,

From looking at the documentation:

Screening widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

It says this:

Click the Download tab, and under Download Settings, choose one of the following options:

• Feature Layers—Choose the layers you want downloaded. This option supports CSV file and, when the layer is a feature service with sync enabled, file geodatabase and shapefile downloads.
  • Extract Data Task—All layers are enabled for CSV file download, and feature data can be downloaded as file geodatabases or shapefiles with the Extract Data Task geoprocessing service.
  • Disable download—No data download is enabled with this option.

You have to have the Extract Data Task geoprocessing service in order to extract or download geospatial data like shapefiles. Without this service, you can only download CSVs, like you currently see.

For help on sharing a geoprocessing service, like Extract Data Task, please see the example here:

Geoprocessing service example: Clip And Ship—ArcMap | ArcGIS Desktop