Open multiple widgets simultaneously

Jump to solution
06-03-2015 02:57 AM
eduAED
by
New Contributor II

I already read the info on the AWAB help here:

Open multiple widgets simultaneously—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Deve...

but I think it is not matching what I need.

I have several in-panel widgets, I want these Panels to be floating panels over the map and to be possible to have few of them open at the same time (2, 3 or 4).

The Panels are closed automatically by the PanelManager with the method "closeOtherPanelsInTheSameGroup()"  called in line 148 of file jimu.js/PanelManager.js.

First idea was to comment this line, and problem is solved, but I would like to override this behaviour by default, and then I don´t have to do it every time a new WAB version comes.

Any ideas???

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Roert, you are right. For Foldable theme, it's not good to open more than one panel.

The design principle about responsive is that It's theme and it's panel's job to handle responsive work, widget is to interact with map. In the coming release, we'll add some new themes, which two of them can open more than one widget/panel at the same time.

edu AED​​ In the coming release, we'll remove closeOtherPanelsInTheSameGroup from panelmanager's openPanel function.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
StanMcShinsky

edu AED

With the developer version we are able to do many customizations that are beyond the default out of the box solution. By doing this we are taking on the responsibility to keep track of our own changes and make them again (if needed) in any newer versions that come out. 

-Stan

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

In my talks with the WAB dev team on this subject of having more than one widget open, I was told the reasoning behind the one widget limit has to do with the responsive mobile design. Having more than one widget open at a time is not mobile friendly.

JunshanLiu

Hi Roert, you are right. For Foldable theme, it's not good to open more than one panel.

The design principle about responsive is that It's theme and it's panel's job to handle responsive work, widget is to interact with map. In the coming release, we'll add some new themes, which two of them can open more than one widget/panel at the same time.

edu AED​​ In the coming release, we'll remove closeOtherPanelsInTheSameGroup from panelmanager's openPanel function.