Select to view content in your preferred language

Onscreen Widget Customization for Cellular

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 10:23 AM
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to change the onscreen widgets for the mobile only. The desktop version has a bookmark and a near me widget. I would like to remove the near me entirely and then reduce the icon size and placement of the bookmark widget. I am using the tabbed theme. Is this easy to do?

Thanks,
Brandon

https://community.esri.com/groups/web-appbuilder-custom-themes?sr=search&searchId=bf141f67-89d3-4e25...‌, https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder‌, /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list

34 Replies
DavidTreering2
New Contributor III

Robert, I don't have this file.  I see a lot of files in your app's jimu.js, but all I have is main.js.  I see where it is in your app.  Could this be a js.arcgis.com/3.15 compared to js.arcgis.com/3.22 difference?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What version of WAB are you using? If you are using AGOL then this change will not be possible.

0 Kudos
DavidTreering2
New Contributor III

That would explain it.  Downloaded the app from AGOL to deploy locally.  But I'll use this in other apps.

In summary:  I can modify the main config.json file to remove widget that I don't want to appear in mobile, then modify the jimu.js/util.js with your mo.mixinAppConfigPosition from above.  Is that correct?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

If you download the app from AGOL then you will be in the same situation you are in now. If you build your app using WAB Developer then you will have access to all the source code and make these changes and deploy the modified app to your web server.

PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

So I think I am able to follow this thread to some extent but it seems like the original poster already deployed his web app, but mine is still in development. 

Based on this thread I need to add/change the code in jimu.js\utils.js with what you have provided and then remove all accounts of the widget I do not want in mobile only (which is the popup panel) from the mobilLayout section of the config.js.

Would that be correct?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Phil,

No not exactly. You leave the widget in the mobileLayout section but you add the visible: false property.

0 Kudos
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

and the visible: false property is added to the config file or the utils file?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

config

0 Kudos
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

I tried adding the "visible":false to a few different areas in the config file:

and in either place I'm not really seeing any changes.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I never did any testing with the dashboard theme. But what I am not seeing in your example image is anything talking about the popup panel widget.

0 Kudos