Is it possible to add a custom widget to switch between 2D and 3D view in Web Appbuilder Developer Edition?

11-03-2018 09:21 AM
StefanaCioban
New Contributor II

I am new to the application development community and I am trying to customize my application created with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder to switch between 2D and 3D views. I have published 2 maps on my ArcGIS Portal, a 2D and a 3D from the same study area (most of the layers are the same, however there are some exceptions only working for the 3D map). I managed to use the switch between the two views only using the ArcGIS API for JS, but this means that I will have to add all other widgets by myself. As I don't have the time to learn this from scratch, I have built my 2D application and have added one custom widget to it to switch between 2D and 3D views. However, I cannot make the widget work at all and I was wondering if my idea was even possible. Web AppBuilder only works with one type of map (2D OR 3D), which makes me doubt that I could insert the link to the 3D map at all in my Widget.js file. Did anyone try to do this?

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No.  That is not currently possible. The reason is that WAB 2D currently uses the 3.x API and 3D uses 4.x. The sample in the 4.x samples can switch because it only uses the 4.x API. WAB has yep to solely uses the 4.x API due to all the features that are yet to be implemented. Once the APIs have reached pairity then this will be possible.