Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More

04-06-2015 02:06 PM
LarryStout
Occasional Contributor III

All,

Here is a list on my currently available Web AppBuilder widgets for Web AppBuilder 1.x.

Anvil Page

Anvil Map Tips Page

Anvil Bookmarks Page

Print Plus Widget Page

Swipe Plus Widget Page

Zoom Prev Next Page

Here is a list of my mixin classes for the Web AppBuilder 1.x widgets.

_WidgetOpacityMixin Page

_WidgetMetadataMixin Page

Here is my entire application, which includes my Acme Widget.  The Acme Widget is invisible, but adds key functionality to the basic Web AppBuilder viewer and modifies the appearance and/or behavior of several Esri Widgets (without editing the Widgets themselves).

Changes and Bug Fixes, May 5, 2015

1. Print Plus Widget fixes
  2. Changed all instances of _widgetOpacityMixin* to _WidgetOpacityMixin*.
  3. Changed all instances of _widgetMetadataMixin* to _WidgetMetadataMixin*.

Changes and Bug Fixes, May 3, 2015

1. Changed config property from "public" to "isPublic" ("public" is a reserved word).
  2. Changed the Scale to display above the Scalebar Widget.
  3. Added configurable link to the HeaderController Widget icon and title.
  4. Fixed a bug that caused a console error when a Feature Layer Custom Popup doesn't have tabs.
  5. Fixed a bug that caused an error on startup on occasion.
  6. Fixed a bug in the Draw Widget modifications that caused the Bold, Italic, and Underline buttons to not be honored when dragging text to place it.

Web AppBuilder Application

2015-05-05.zip

All documentation is now included in the Doc folder in the zip file.

This is a live preview site for all of the above (except Anvil):

Live Preview

My To Do List:

1. Get documentation and examples together for the Acme Widget and post it along with several widgets that depend on it:
    1. Reset Layers Widget
    2. Share Widget
    3. User Preferences Widget
    4. WelWhatDisHelpAbout Widget (Welcome, What's New, What's Missing, Disclaimer Help, About, Notice tabs)
  2. Several other widgets need to be enhanced (in my opinion):
  3. Write some new widgets:
    1. Pictometry Widget
    2. ???
29 Replies
NathanBrown4
New Contributor

I am also looking for information on how to overwrite the AGOL popup.

Thanks,
-Nathan

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Pat, I was able to download the .zip today (Sept 20) with the link in his post (https://community.esri.com/external-link.jspa?url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.hamiltoncounty.in.gov%2FGIS%2FAWAB... ).  Larry or the County may have repaired it (if it was broken...that is, might be just good timing on my part) or you may want to try a different browser.  I used Firefox.  If you look at his comment in August, he hadn't updated for 1.2 yet.

0 Kudos
ChadRicks
New Contributor III

Larry,

Thanks for posting these widgets! I don't know if you take requests but a WAB Overview map widget like your flex application have would be awesome. I would configure it to be a 1 to 1 relative scale to be a side by side compare.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
LarryStout

Chad,

I started on this widget a couple of weeks ago, but have only been able to work on it on weekends.  I think the hardest parts are done now, so maybe I'll have something soon to show you soon.

Larry

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson
Occasional Contributor II

Larry,

I was looking at your help widget and in the help tab there are 3 rows that say widget.  What file controls the titles in the help tab?  TIA

Terry

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Larry,

Do you have a custom splash page widget that includes the tabs that you use on the splash page for your  mapviewer, or is that part of your anvil widget?

0 Kudos
LarryStout

Sebastian,

I call that widget my WelWhatDisHelpAbout Widget (Welcome, What's New, Disclaimer, Help, About - the Notice tab came after I had already named the widget).  It relies on a headless widget to start it, and Anvil is a very small example of the headless widget I use called Acme.

I just haven't had time to post a documented version of WelWhatDisHelpAbout, but you are free to dig it out of the Web AppBuilder Application that is posted above.  I haven't started working with WAB Version 1.2, so all of my code is still based on WAB 1.1.

Larry

0 Kudos
JulieRoberts
New Contributor II

Hi Larry! Everyone (including me) seems to love this idea of this WelWhatDisHelpAbout widget! I will keep checking back - thanks for making cool stuff!

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

Larry,

I really like your help widget and would like to take a look under the hood.  Where can I find it?

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

Larry can you help me with a print plus problem? When I change the URL to our arc server print service the scale goes crazy - maxes out at 1:100 so it won't print anything if it has a base map. Also will not display the layout frame and other problems. The only thing I changed is the service URL. What else do I need to change to get it working right again, or is this possible? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos