for 3D Scene - what is javascript API 4.* equivalent for API 3.* SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path

Jump to solution
05-18-2021 03:16 AM
Labels (3)
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I'm developing custom widgets for WAB (Develper Edtion) 2.17, Launchpad Theme, on 3D Scenes, using ArcGIS API for javascript 4.17

I am still a newbie...

I need to convert some code from API 3.* to API 4.*

the code displays SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path (for its outline).

My problem is that I am using 3d Scene, and ArcGIS Javascript API 4.* spec says that this property (path) works only in 2D.

So, how can I bypass this limitation and display the API 4.* "equivalent" SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path?

What is the equivalent in API 4.*, and how to convert, the API 3.* SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path, to something valid in API 4.* that will display the symbol with its shape as defined in the SVG Path?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelLev

Thank you, dear Robert, for answering.

At last I solved it, by bypassing the problem -

indeed 3d scene does not have an option to display symbol by SVG path,

so, in order to display SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path (for its outline) within 3d scene,

I "converted" it to a polygon, dynamically computing the polygon ring points coordinates (using the SVG path, and scene scale), and it works for me.

I only have, as usual in 3d, to set the right "z" value, so it will be seen.

And polygon can be displayed in a scene.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelLev

Dear rscheitlin , As no one has referred to my short focused question until now, can you help?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@MichaelLev , sorry I don't have an answer for that.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev

Thank you, dear Robert, for answering.

At last I solved it, by bypassing the problem -

indeed 3d scene does not have an option to display symbol by SVG path,

so, in order to display SimpleMarkerSymbol with SVG path (for its outline) within 3d scene,

I "converted" it to a polygon, dynamically computing the polygon ring points coordinates (using the SVG path, and scene scale), and it works for me.

I only have, as usual in 3d, to set the right "z" value, so it will be seen.

And polygon can be displayed in a scene.

0 Kudos