Filter-Attributes

Jump to solution
03-06-2015 11:17 AM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Has anyone started a filter widget?

I am in need to filter attributes such as: time, date, and event.

I need to filter all these at the same time.

Query and search do not quite work for what I need.

Thank you,

Rickey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have started my own widget.

Here is a current version demo3

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RyanStrain
New Contributor III

I am in need of a filter widget also. It would be great to allow users to construct their filter from the layers within the web map. I'm trying to replace a 3rd party solution, Geocortex, with WAB, and users expect to be able to construct queries and filters. And not be limited to predefined queries and filters. Hopefully ESRI, or a developer will attempt this.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have another instance where a filter widget would be nice. Maybe a definition query widget?

I need to filter by floor number.

I have a building with multiple floors.

Each floor has the interior walls and such drawn.

I cannot display all at the same time because it would be too confusing.

Any suggestions on where to start to create a widget or could I modify an existing one to fit my needs?

0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

I'm also looking for stuff for handling multiple floors. Here I found a WAB widget: https://community.esri.com/message/515460#515460

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Marco, This will be helpful for others but the link you added is to code i wrote.

BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Have you seen Robert Scheitlin's Custom WAB Widgets​ He built an Enhanced Search Widget which allows the user to search any of the features within the map by a particular field and parameters within that field. For example for the Zone Layer you can query Zone Type = Residential and view the attributes and features on the map which match the query. Not exactly what you need but maybe headed in the right direction. Also, you may post this question on Robert's Discussion "What Widget Do You Want Most." 

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Ben Grod​,

Thank you! I have done both suggestions. I am going to start working on my own until Robert come out with a better one.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have started my own widget.

Here is a current version demo3

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nice demo.  If/when you get it packaged as a widget or code others can use, let me know so I can stick on the resource list. 

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks!

I don't know how long it will take me to "package" it. My boss does not want me to spend more time on writing the setting files because I can configure it for anyone who needs the app here. So I am not sure if that part will ever get done...

I can post the code so others can use it in a few weeks. They will just have to configure it themselves.

We (Stan McShinsky​  and I) am still working out some parts and improving on it.