Export to KML Widget?

06-29-2017 12:29 PM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III

Is there an Export Layer to KML/KMZ Widget that can be used in Web AppBuilder 2.4?

Tags (4)
13 Replies
AndyBills
New Contributor III

Hi

Sorry - I haven't seen an answer to the above - is there a way to export a KML/KMZ from features in a WebApp?

I am seeking a way for non-GIS users to simply export to KML/KMZ. I have seen the Select Widget, but this is GeoJSON only (not sure what to do with this, how useful this is).

Users need to be able to export their features drawn by the Draw widget, not just the existing hosted feature layers in the WebApp.

Thank you

Andy

sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III

I had this similar requirement from users and I ended up building REST service Using sharpKML. I was told by ESRI representative that currently the LayertoKML gp service does not support Draw Widget graphics.

0 Kudos
JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

You may be able to do this by creating a geoprocessing service that utilizes arcpy mapping. I did something similar with a geoprocesing service.

0 Kudos
LukeCatania
New Contributor III

I'm looking for way to export the results of geoprocessing tools I use in my web app.  They consist of routes and viewsheds.  The results are displayed using a map service.   Would you be willing to share your GP services you created.  I tried the Layer to KML GP tool, but can't figure out how to configure it so it will accept any layer in my layer list.  

0 Kudos
JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

Are you still looking for this solution?

0 Kudos
JoseLuis_Serrano
New Contributor III

Hi, I am looking for a solution to this too. I have created a gp service that converts points, polylines or polygons to kml, but I'm unable to use it to export features from existing layers because the option to add the selected features to the geoprocessing tool doesn't show up.

0 Kudos
JamalWest2
Occasional Contributor

If you have a geoprocessing service you should be able to pass whatever layers you want. Actually now that I think of it I am using a lyerfile or layer that is added to my mxd to do the operation with the geoprocessing tool. Make sense? So for this I use either the extent(boundary box) to identify which features to export to kmz or I use a list of specific features. Using my layer I do a selection and export to kmz from that.

0 Kudos
JoseLuis_Serrano
New Contributor III

I was trying to pass the selected features in the layer from the selection widget and the gp service widget was configured to interactively draw features.

It didn't work because the selection widgets looks at the geometry type of the layer and then shows gp widgets where the input geometry match that type. Since I need points, lines and polygons I didn't specified a geometry type in the gp services and I think that is why it doesn't work. 
However, I just changed from interactive to select a layer as input option in the gp service widget and now the widget displays all the layers and I can choose any of them and it works! I can also select features using a square icon that appears in the widget when you select a layer or even using the selection widget. 
At the end I have created two gp service widgets: one with layers as input and another with interactive drawing features as inputs (since I didn't publish the gp service with a geometry type I can create and export points, lines and polygons)

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be super nice if AGOL Select Widget allowed exporting to KML/KMZ. Current options still do not include this. We would like for our non-GIS expert end-users to be able to select features and export them to KML/KMZ.

ESRI_SelectWidget.jpg