Select to view content in your preferred language

Lead Service Line Data Upload

07-15-2024 01:36 PM
Labels (1)
KathleenP
New Contributor

I am trying to use the Lead Service Line Inventory Solution but am having trouble with the Data Loading Tool to upload an existing excel inventory with 1000's of points. In the Data Loading Workspace, I am able to match my source columns to my target columns, but the content of the "materials" is not being read into the target even though they are the same figuration (Non-Lead Other, Unknown - Material Unknown, etc). This is causing the "status" columns to not be calculated, leading to blank symbologies.

I have looked into the Python scripts and they are not the same lines of code that are manipulated in the "Using the Lead Service Line Inventory Solution" webinar. There is no line to calculate the "status".

How can I get the materials to be read correctly into the target?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

The only way the status fields will be calculated from the material fields in the Data Loading Tools is by adding the python functions to the base.py file. The calculate_utility_status and calculate_customer_status functions seen in the video you referenced do not come with the Data Loading Tools out of the box, they were added in manually after the Data Loading Workspace was created. They are also out of date at this point as there are references to fields and values that have since been updated.

Attached are updated versions of the calculate_utility_status and calculate_customer_status functions in a text file. You can copy and paste the functions to the bottom of your base.py file and reference them in the DataMapping excel sheet the same way the video does.

Once the data has been loaded, be sure to look at all of the Galvanized Requiring Replacement service lines to see if they are currently, or were at some point, downstream of a lead service line. If they have never been downstream, then they don't require replacement and the status can change to Non-Lead. 

I hope this resolves your issue for loading your data.

0 Kudos