Select to view content in your preferred language

Lead Service Line Solution - Public Map table attributes

Jump to solution
08-24-2023 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

I'm looking at the attributes table of the web application displayed on our Hub site: https://ak-lsli-adec.hub.arcgis.com/

At the bottom of the page is our Lead Service Line Public Viewer - Web Mapping Application. Direct link: https://adec.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ce4c212eea604b6d9cff1a2f24fc8531

In the attribute table in the application, the Utility Status and Customer Status fields have two entries in one cell: Lead I Non-Lead, Lead I Lead, etc...  They symbology is correct in the map, but the attribute fields are not. 

The web map used to create the app: Lead Service Line Public Viewer 
https://adec.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f8ae7a2c4b2c4ac9a086c59da2f7d29d has the correct information in the attribute (one entry per cell)

I understand there's some sort of expression being used but I'm not sure where this is located. In the screenshots provided, I don't understand why the Utility Status is displaying- Non-Lead I Lead

We've made some modifications to the original solution, so I'm hoping that we didn't mess up and arcade expression behind the scenes. How can I get the Utility Status and Customer Status fields to display what is entered in the Service Line Public Viewer (web map)?

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That is happening because of the complex symbology (the split point using multiple attributes) of the service when it was published from Pro during development. Even though the Public map doesn't use the split point, the underlying feature service view (ServiceLine_viewing) does.

I have a fix, but I highly suggest testing it in a test environment as it will involve renaming edit templates, which I know from experience can be fragile. Also, only do this in ServiceLine_viewing and not the other services/views. Please follow the steps below:

1. In the Contents of the Lead Service Line Inventory folder, click ServiceLine_viewing
  2. Click the dropdown arrow next to "Open in Map Viewer" and click "Open in Map Viewer Classic with full editing control". This will allow you to adjust the edit templates of the view even though the view doesn't have editing enabled.
  3. ServiceLine_viewing will open in Map Viewer Classic. In the top left click Edit. AlexKabak_0-1692974269077.png

4. At the bottom of the Edit pane, click Manage.
  5. You are now going to update the names of the edit templates. These are the names in bold and I have also put a red box around them in the image below. You do not need to update the names beneath them. AlexKabak_1-1692974464752.png

6. Click the dropdowns next to the names in bold and click Properties. Update the label by removing " | Lead" and click Done.
  7. After making the changes to the 4 edit templates, at the bottom of the pane click Save Changes. This will save ServiceLine_viewing.
  8. Open Lead Service Line Public Viewer app and confirm the update worked.

Ensure this change did not negatively impact any of the other items using ServiceLine_viewing:

• Lead Service Line Viewer
  • Lead Service Line Public Viewer
  • Lead Service Line Dashboard
  • Lead Safe Community

I have checked on my end and I don't see any negative impacts on the out-of-box solution, but you have made customizations which I cannot test.

Hope this helps!

Alex

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That is happening because of the complex symbology (the split point using multiple attributes) of the service when it was published from Pro during development. Even though the Public map doesn't use the split point, the underlying feature service view (ServiceLine_viewing) does.

I have a fix, but I highly suggest testing it in a test environment as it will involve renaming edit templates, which I know from experience can be fragile. Also, only do this in ServiceLine_viewing and not the other services/views. Please follow the steps below:

1. In the Contents of the Lead Service Line Inventory folder, click ServiceLine_viewing
  2. Click the dropdown arrow next to "Open in Map Viewer" and click "Open in Map Viewer Classic with full editing control". This will allow you to adjust the edit templates of the view even though the view doesn't have editing enabled.
  3. ServiceLine_viewing will open in Map Viewer Classic. In the top left click Edit. AlexKabak_0-1692974269077.png

4. At the bottom of the Edit pane, click Manage.
  5. You are now going to update the names of the edit templates. These are the names in bold and I have also put a red box around them in the image below. You do not need to update the names beneath them. AlexKabak_1-1692974464752.png

6. Click the dropdowns next to the names in bold and click Properties. Update the label by removing " | Lead" and click Done.
  7. After making the changes to the 4 edit templates, at the bottom of the pane click Save Changes. This will save ServiceLine_viewing.
  8. Open Lead Service Line Public Viewer app and confirm the update worked.

Ensure this change did not negatively impact any of the other items using ServiceLine_viewing:

• Lead Service Line Viewer
  • Lead Service Line Public Viewer
  • Lead Service Line Dashboard
  • Lead Safe Community

I have checked on my end and I don't see any negative impacts on the out-of-box solution, but you have made customizations which I cannot test.

Hope this helps!

Alex

ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Worked perfectly! Thank you. 

0 Kudos
BrantSollis2
New Contributor III

Hi @AlexKabak

I'm dealing with a similar problem to Chris's here (" | Lead" is appended to all utilstatus types). Except that the behaviour is showing up only in the Field Maps app for the ServiceLine_editing layer.  

It seems like the source of the issue might be the same, so I'm considering the steps you provided in Map Viewer Classic.  However, since we're using ArcGIS Online, I don't really have a test environment to try it in first.   Do you have any other suggestions for testing? 

Further, are there any other ways to edit the "fragile" templates than Map Viewer Classic? Would recreating the editing view pontentially set the templates back to the original state? 

-Brant

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Brant,

I totally know where you're coming from. I rolled the dice on this particular issue and did it in production.  It worked fine. This time. 

It's never been clear to me how to implement changes in a test environment. Sometimes creating a copy of the feature classes works but in a complex solution like this, I eventually decided to deploy a separate test solution. It's not perfect because we've made a lot of customizations in our production solution, but it does help us document the default settings in case we run into trouble with our customizations. 

0 Kudos
CarynAshbay
New Contributor III

The solution didn't work for me. The only difference was that I had to create the view layer myself because the original one had been deleted. The symbology was correct before I made the template changes, but afterward, they turned black. Do you have any other ideas?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Thanks Alex, I'll give this a try. I guess I'm happy to find out that it wasn't something I did when customizing the solution. 😀

--Chris

0 Kudos