Attribute Assistant Copy Linked Record On Create

Jump to solution
03-14-2019 01:43 PM
JustinFlannery2
New Contributor

I am attempting to use the Attribute Assistant to auto-populate some fields when I create a record in a related table.  I am creating the related record via the attributes window, i.e. I have a feature selected, and I right click on the related table and click 'add new'.  This creates the related record and populates the foreign key 'PID'.  However the AA rule to copy additional fields over does not work as expected.

Here is the rule:

Table NameField NameValue MethodValue InfoOn CreateOn Change (Attribute)On Change (Geometry)Manual OnlyRule WeightComments
Acct_ReviewACCTNOCOPY_LINKED_RECORDSWU_PARCEL|ACCTNO|PID|PIDTrueFalseFalseFalse<Null><Null>

The log:

Row Info
Row Number 5
TableName: Acct_Review
FieldName: ACCTNO
ValueInfo: SWU_PARCEL|ACCTNO|PID|PID
ValueMethod: COPY_LINKED_RECORD
On Create: 1
On Change: 0

Checking for Subtype Restriction
Field Name: ACCTNO was found at index: 2
Trying: COPY_LINKED_RECORD
Getting Value Info
Checking values
Checking Field in Edited Layer
Finished: COPY_LINKED_RECORD

If I run the rule manually after creating the record, the rule runs fine.  Is it not possible to have this rule run like I am hoping?

Michael Miller

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the sample dataset.  I was able to confirm my suspicions.  When the related record is created and when accessed through the Attribute Assistant.  The ID information is not yet applied.  We can add this as a known issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

This sounds like a known issue I ran into the past.  If you can send me a sample dynamic value table and dataset, I can test.

MikeMillerGIS

Thank you for the sample dataset.  I was able to confirm my suspicions.  When the related record is created and when accessed through the Attribute Assistant.  The ID information is not yet applied.  We can add this as a known issue.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you still going to make fixes to the Attribute Assistant if it is tied to ArcMap which is being replaced by ArcPro and ArcPro uses Attribute Rules instead of Attribute Assistant?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Yes, we will continue to support the Attribute Assistant.  The focus will be on bug fixes and very limited new functionality.  We are actually release an updated today that picks up a number of bugs.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Will the release show the list of bug fixes with documentation about each bug fix?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Here is the list from our doc site(not live yet):

• Renamed Intersect_Count rule to Intersecting_Count. Older configurations which use Intersect_Count are still valid and will continue to work.
  • Improved list experience on methods that present a prompt to the user. (ENH-000116271)
  • Added statistics options to the Copy Link Record method.
  • A resolution to an issue in intersect statistics when the intersecting value appeared to be an exponential function, such as grid 1e14.
  • New option added to the FROM_JUNCTION_FIELD and TO_JUNCTION_FIELD methods to evaluate flow direction instead of digitized direction to determine from or to features.
  • A resolution to an issue in the expression rule when a "" symbol was used.
  • An enhancement to Validate Attribute Lookup where null values are no longer used to find possible candidates when defining multiple fields.
  • An enhancement to Create Linked Record that exposes the ability to manually set a value instead of populating a value from the intersected field.
AlistairMcDougall1
Esri Contributor

Hello, re "New option added to the FROM_JUNCTION_FIELD and TO_JUNCTION_FIELD methods to evaluate flow direction instead of digitized direction to determine from or to features.", what are the valid parameter values for the Field Index parameter on these methods? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It is here, it is the 6th parameter, looks like there was a copy paste error when we build the parameter, the description is correct, but the name is not.  The values are True or False

Here is the code for FROM_JUNCTION_FIELD, so If true and the feature is digitized against flow, it will get the To feature

0 Kudos
JustinFlannery2
New Contributor

Thanks for testing and confirming that Michael.

0 Kudos