Adding custom field to Lead Service Line Inventory Solution and incorporating the new field into the Smart Form

Jump to solution
04-03-2023 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

We've added a couple of fields to the Lead Service Line Inventory feature layer but I can't seem to find a way to add these new columns to the Smart Form. What's the best way to do this? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

To add the fields to the smart form please follow the steps below:

1. Add the fields to the ServiceLine layer
  2. Now they need to be added to the ServiceLine_editing feature service view. In the Settings tab of the ServiceLine_editing feature service view click Update View
  3. In the left-hand pane, ServiceLine should be checked. Click Next
  4. Still in the left-hand pane, click ServiceLine
  5. Expand Fields, click Select Fields, find and select the newly added fields (they should now have a check mark). Select Done. 
  6. Click the back arrow button at the top of the left-hand pane and then at the bottom of the pane select Update. The fields have now been added the editing view and you should now be back on the Settings tab.
  7. Open the Lead Service Line Field Map in Field Maps Designer. In the left-hand pane open the Forms tab. In the Forms pane select Service Line.
  8. In the right-hand column, the Fields pane should be expanded and you should see your newly added fields. You can either click Add all, which will add them all to the bottom of the form, or drag-and-drop one at a time.

View solution in original post

ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

The Service_Line feature layer by default is set up to be non-editable. Do I have to go back and change this setting from the default? If so, should it be switched back to non-editable after updating the smart form? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

To add the fields to the smart form please follow the steps below:

1. Add the fields to the ServiceLine layer
  2. Now they need to be added to the ServiceLine_editing feature service view. In the Settings tab of the ServiceLine_editing feature service view click Update View
  3. In the left-hand pane, ServiceLine should be checked. Click Next
  4. Still in the left-hand pane, click ServiceLine
  5. Expand Fields, click Select Fields, find and select the newly added fields (they should now have a check mark). Select Done. 
  6. Click the back arrow button at the top of the left-hand pane and then at the bottom of the pane select Update. The fields have now been added the editing view and you should now be back on the Settings tab.
  7. Open the Lead Service Line Field Map in Field Maps Designer. In the left-hand pane open the Forms tab. In the Forms pane select Service Line.
  8. In the right-hand column, the Fields pane should be expanded and you should see your newly added fields. You can either click Add all, which will add them all to the bottom of the form, or drag-and-drop one at a time.
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Worked perfectly until Step 7- It's not letting me edit. Says to allow editing to item. Double checked the ServiceLine_editing feature service view and editing is enabled. 

Unable to Edit Smart Form.png

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

The Service_Line feature layer by default is set up to be non-editable. Do I have to go back and change this setting from the default? If so, should it be switched back to non-editable after updating the smart form? 

0 Kudos
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Please ensure the ServiceLine_editing feature service view is in the Lead Service Line Field Map map and not the ServiceLine feature service. Looking at your attached image the layer is "ServiceLine" and is not editable, which means it could be the ServiceLine feature service (which you are correct is set to not be editable). The out-of-box solution is packaged with the Lead Service Line Field Map using the ServiceLine_editing view (renamed in the map "Service Line" with a space between service and line). 

0 Kudos
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Hmm...I tried my best not to alter the layers from the default layers, but it does appear that the layers got swamped out. I think I know when it happened. While teaching myself, I added the ServiceLine feature layer to the Lead Service Line Field Map in Field Maps Designer. Both layers are added with the same name, Service Line, to Field Maps Designer and apparently, I deleted the wrong one. 🙁 

I don't typically save when snooping around but it appears I did this time. Lesson learned. The layer and associated smart form have a lot of expressions and auto calculations that were lost when removing...bummer.

Since we haven't done much more than add fields, I think I'm just going to redeploy a new solution, rather than try to recreate the layer and smart form.  Thanks for the assistance. 

--Chris 

0 Kudos