Select to view content in your preferred language

Error in DEM Reconditioning in Arc hydro 10

Jump to solution
10-04-2012 11:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: souris_boo

Hi!
I just installed Arc Hydro for ArcGis 10 and i receive this error in processing DEM Reconditioning

"Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"

Help please

Natalie
0 Kudos
40 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: synaps

Everything done right, but result is the same!
I think I have found a clue 😉
See the first attachment and the folder where ArcGIS takes an ObjectID field. Why so? My hydroconfig .gdb and temp folder were in the D:\ dirrectory
0 Kudos
MattNash
New Contributor III
Hi, has anybody made any progress on these errors?  I get the " HRESULT E_FAIL " and "error 010024: Error during conversion" and am completely unable to use ArcHydro since installing the most current version after getting upgraded to ArcGiS 10.1.  I'm experienced with the toolset and have followed all advice given here for setting up.  Any advice would be most appreciated.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mattnash

I un- and re-installed Arc Hydro Tools and tried to run it again.  When trying to "Set Target Locations", which seems simple enough, I get a "tool not valid" error.  None of the tools function, various errors are returned from all of them. I'm not delivering as promised, and I'm losing my cred, man.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I un- and re-installed Arc Hydro Tools and tried to run it again.  When trying to "Set Target Locations", which seems simple enough, I get a "tool not valid" error.  None of the tools function, various errors are returned from all of them.

I`ve just installed BETA 10.1 http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/11/26/are-you-using-arc-hydro-tools-for-10-1-beta/ and my comp freezes and returns me with the message "tool not valid" for all of them.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Dmitrii,

Are you by chance on ArcGIS Desktop 10.0? The ArcHydro Beta (build 10.1.0.52) is for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1

You'd need an ArcHydro for 10.0 (last build was 2.1.0.116) if you are on Desktop 10.0

Stuart
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I use 10.1 SP1 and this error appears when I use the new Beta version.
I posted here due to the fact my previous messages describing some errors that I got are still in this topic.
0 Kudos
FranklinEbner
New Contributor
I was getting this error message "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component" and finally exported my data into a gdb feature class from a shapefile.  Now it works, thank you to this thread!
0 Kudos
BritneyVazquez
New Contributor

I am similarly having issues with the DEM reconditioning tool. I have tried all of the suggested solutions, including those found in the Arc Hydro Problem Solvers thread. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II

I downloaded your data. I projected the streams layer to the same coordinate system a you dem and changed the project on the data frame to that same projection. I ran the dem reconditioning using the dem and the reprojected streams dataset and it ran without error.

Mark

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II

Your raster's coordinate system is:

USA_Contiguous_Albers_Equal_Area_Conic_USGS_version, WKID: 102039 Authority: ESRI

Your polyline layer coordinate system is:

GCS_North_American_1983, WKID: 4269 Authority: EPSG

Your first step is to choose the coordinate system for your project and reproject the data to the same coordinate system.

Mark

0 Kudos