ArcHydro - Batch Watershed Delineation output error.

12-04-2014 11:08 AM
JeffCox
New Contributor

Hi.  When running the Batch Watershed Delineation tool, the output feature class is always slightly "shifted" when overlaid on the Catchment, Adjoint Catchment, and Batch SubWatershed Delineation output.  Meaning it is not coincident and topologically correct compared to the 3 above mentioned feature classes.  Anyone else experience this or have any idea how to remedy the situation?!  We have tried several tactics... re-projecting the base DEM, making sure all input layers are the same projection, etc... all with no success.    We are running ArcGIS 10.2.2, ArcHydro Build 10.2.0.85, and Windows 7 64 bit OS.  Thanks.ArcHydroError.bmp

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasTri
New Contributor II

I haven't had that specific issue with ArcHydro. However, you may want to be sure that the snap raster environment variable is set. I usually set it to the DEM and then all subsequent rasters will be coincident.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//001w0000000m000000

0 Kudos
JeffCox
New Contributor

Thomas,

Thanks. We appreciate the reply but we have tried working with the snap

raster environment on several occasions with no success. Our raster data

lines up, its the resulting vector data that does not.

0 Kudos
JeffCox
New Contributor

Thomas,

Thanks.  We appreciate the reply but we have tried working with the snap raster environment on several occasions with no success.  Our raster data lines up, its the resulting vector data that does not. 

0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III

If your image is zoomed all the way into a raster cell, I would suspect you need to set tolerances equal or that you are expecting too much precision.

0 Kudos
JeffCox
New Contributor

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, my image is zoomed in very tight.

How would I set the tolerances equal? 

I don't think I'm expecting too much precision as we used to never experience this issue when using an older DEM,a long with older versions of ArcGIS and ArcHydro.  Since using a new DEM as our base, this has been a new issue that we can't resolve.  Its not the end of the world but it creates massive headaches when using vector topology to ensure that the watershed polygons are coincident. 

0 Kudos