Select to view content in your preferred language

UC Event Venue Indoors Application Feedback

Jump to solution
07-17-2024 02:24 PM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor III

Having a Indoors App of the UC venue has been fantastic. Thank you so much for doing this and implenting my idea. It has really helped the UC experience and made navigation easier. Having practically used it for a couple of years at the UC (I am currently at the 2024 UC as I write this), there is one thing I have found that I wished it could do. As I go about planning all the sessions I want to attend (saving\favoriting), you are only able to see the location on the map of one session or location at a time. It would be very helpful to be able to see a daily view of sessions I have saved. This will help with trying to understand where sessions are in relation to one another and depending on the user\need, either maximize or minimize walking and be strategic on sessions that might be close to one another. This functional need could be accomplished a few ways starting with some of my thoughts ordered by descending complexity.

• Enable this functionality in the map\app. Perhaps symbolize based on session time and\or order saved, and dually symbolize based on floor (1,2,3).
  • Expose\share the map used by the app on AGOL so that users can add their own layers or sketches to help plan.
  • Add a print widget to the app if none of the above is possible (brunt force paper map approach 😉)

I would love to plan a geographic conference better and more optimally geographically. Thanks for considering!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback and additional thoughts @COSPNWGuy! I've shared this via our internal feedback collection processes and included some contact information for you that we have on file. It's always possible you may hear from other members of the Esri team about your feedback if there are any questions or they'd like to dig into this further with you.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback and additional thoughts @COSPNWGuy! I've shared this via our internal feedback collection processes and included some contact information for you that we have on file. It's always possible you may hear from other members of the Esri team about your feedback if there are any questions or they'd like to dig into this further with you.

Jesse Cloutier
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @JesseCloutier ! I also posted this idea here on the indoors idea site as I honestly didn't know where to put it. As the community Manager, question for you. Is there a way to post to different areas of the Community site from a single post\idea\discussion? Case in point the above. It could "live" under the UC or under Indoors, etc rather than creating completely seperate posts.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

We do now have a feature that does what you're talking about, with some caveats. Our Share Tool can duplicate posts to any number of available Boards of the same type and any new comments/responses will sync across all copies of the post. In this case, one version of your post is on a Questions Board and one is on an Ideas Board. Because of that difference, we wouldn't have been able to duplicate in this case. This feature is also currently only available for use by Esri team members and our Esri Community MVPs. We can, however, help get something shared to multiple locations when appropriate. If the need comes up again you can reach out to our team with a request for help doing that: esricommunity@esri.com. You can also learn more about the Share Tool, here

Jesse Cloutier
0 Kudos