Select to view content in your preferred language

T3G2017 AGO Topic: Management

04-21-2017 11:21 PM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

In T3G2017, as part of homework AFTER Day 1 (April22) and BEFORE Day2 (by Thu April27), we want participants to look at information on GeoNet and post a question, offer an answer, or give an observation about working in ArcGIS Online Organization accounts. The four themes from which to choose and contribute at least one entry are

• Technical: start up, generating logins, setting roles and privileges
  • Content/sharing: Getting users generating and sharing content
  • Collaboration: Creating, using, and managing groups effectively
  • Management: Organization operations, especially maintenance at end of marking period, semester, or year.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MANAGEMENT ASPECTS. (REPLY BELOW)

25 Replies
__invited__richardbschultz720
New Contributor II

Does anyone have a step-by-step booklet or tutorial for using the GeoJobe app?

0 Kudos
AndrewDojack
New Contributor

Rich:

I am pretty sure I watched this video before I mass deleted a bunch of users.

Andy

0 Kudos
AllisonHoff
Regular Contributor

When I open a tool in the Admin Tools app there is a  video link and question mark in the top right corner.

• GeoJobe also has a YouTube channel with playlists  GEO-Jobe - YouTube
  • Clicking on the question mark takes you to help documentation (below) and images.

Welcome to Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online

Before using Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online, it is recommended that you view the Quick Start Diagram. You can also view the GEO Jobe Knowledge Base for how-to's and troubleshooting regarding GEO Jobe products, including Admin Tools. Close this window by clicking the X symbol in the top right.

Table of Contents

0 Kudos
PeterStetson1
New Contributor III

How do you preserve a student's data from one semester to another?

0 Kudos
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

If the student is still active at the school, just leave the account alone, nothing will change. If the student leaves and you want to keep some or all of their files, as an admin, you can go into their account and change ownership of their data. Under the Actions column go to manage items. There you can delete or change owner by checking the box next to the data.

If the student has delete protected their work, I've been able to transfer ownership of the files, then I can delete the member after I clear their account. This is tedious to do. I'm hoping to learn more about GeoJobe for management. 

0 Kudos
BruceIngram
New Contributor

The Geo Jobe Admin tools allows you to delete multiple students at one time and transfer ownership of their content at the same time. What a relief!!

0 Kudos
HarrisPayne
New Contributor II

Hi Bruce,

Where does one find the Geo Jobe Admin tool?  Do you need to delete the student content before deleting the student?

0 Kudos
BruceIngram
New Contributor

Here is the link https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a 

That is the nice thing, you can delete the student and content, or delete the student while changing the ownership of the content. It appears that you can do that with multiple students at once.

0 Kudos
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

When I first set up the org & invited students, I didn't have a way to identify when they are no longer enrolled. I've since started adding the year they graduate to their username so I can get rid of them at the appropriate time.