Select to view content in your preferred language

Enable Information Model and Parcel Workflows

02-18-2014 01:32 PM
Labels (1)
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II
Hi,

I'm trying to utilize the Parcel Workflows, but when I try to "Begin workflow" I get the following error:

"The workflows are not available because the fabric does not have an information model that supports them.  You can enable a fabric information model in the fabric properties, using the catalog window."

So I go to the catalog window and enable the information model.  I then get a few errors saying that I am missing the FloorDesignator field in the ParcelFabric_Lines class, and the FLOORDEGNTR field is missing from the TaxParcelCondo class. I also get three Editor Tracking errors saying that editor tracking is not enabled on the Parcels, Control and Plans classes.

I am using the 10.2 xml document that I imported to an empty sde database using XRay for ArcCatalog.  Thinking that might be the problem, I attempted using the workflows on the TaxParcelEditingMap.mxd template downloaded from the Land Records group, but I am getting the same errors on the sample parcel fabric.

Anybody know what I am missing here?

Thanks,
Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffWard
Regular Contributor II
Still trying to work through this problem.

I found that there are other considerations for implementing the LGIM in an enterprise SDE geodatabase, but I am unable to see what those considerations are since the ArcGIS 10.2 for Server Enterprise link in the tip section is broken on the help page. (I may post this in a separate post)

So I am attempting to get the workflows to work on a file geodatabase.  I have used XRay for ArcCatalog to import the XML schema to an empty file geodatabase.  After doing this I ran the "Analyze Differences" tool in XRay and came up with 43 differences.  Most of these differences are field properties and and dataset properties.  I noticed that in the Getting Started with the Local Government Information Model video, that Heather had 42 differences, but didn't make note of it, or seem to think there was a problem.  See image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31593[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problem, but it bugs me nonetheless.

I attempted to enable the information model on the ParcelFabric in the ParcelEditing feature dataset and came up with the very same errors that were in my SDE version.

Field report:  Field: FloorDesignator is missing from class ParcelFabric_Lines
Field report:  Field: FLOORDEGNTR is missing from class TaxParcelCondo

Editor tracking report:  Editor tracking: Editor tracking not enabled on class ParcelFabric_Parcels
Editor tracking report:  Editor tracking: Editor tracking not enabled on class ParcelFabric_Control
Editor tracking report:  Editor tracking: Editor tracking not enabled on class ParcelFabric_Plans

I then followed the steps in the Migrating your data to the Local Government geodatabase page exactly and ran the "Analyze Differences" tool again and got the same number of differences - 43, none of which were in the Parcel Fabric in the ParcelEditing feature dataset.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31594[/ATTACH]

Trying to enable the information model on this parcel fabric netted the same errors - no FloorDesignator field in ParcelFabril_Lines, no FLOORDEGNTR field in TaxParcelCondo, and no error tracking in ParcelFabric_Parcels, Control and Plans.

However, if I finish the "Enable Information Model" wizard regardless of the errors, and then add this parcel fabric to a map, start editing it and open the Parcel Workflows, I am able to initiate the workflows.  It still bothers me that there are differences between the xml schema and the geodatabase schema especially in the case of missing fields.  I may post this issue as a separate post as well.

I hope this helps somebody down the road.

Regards,
Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III
I'm glad you got the editing workflows functioning, I ran into a similar problem and was trying to remember what I had to do.  I think, when trying to use the TaxParcelEditingMap.mxd template, I had to remove all of the parcel fabric layers from the map, enable the information model in the catalog window, then drag the fabric back into the map.  Then the workflows functioned.
0 Kudos