Citizen Reporter- Define Connection Setting failing???

02-20-2020 08:05 AM
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

I got through all of my other Citizen Report set backs.  I was going to start building the generate IDs and automated email updates. The first step is to run the define connection settings script. I opened it and it says no Parameters. I've opened the script up by I am a little confused on what to fix.

I am following the steps from this website: 

Generate report IDs - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government 

Thanks you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

DinubaAGOL Admin‌ The Define Connection settings tool parameters aren't loading for some reason. You should not need to make any changes in the scripts to make these tools run.

- What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

- Could you attach a screenshot of windows explorer showing the contents of the directory where you've placed the toolbox and accompanying files?

- If you have tried to make any changes to the script, please re-download the toolbox and see if you see the same issue with a fresh copy.

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.5.0. 

I downloaded the information from this http://appsforms.esri.com/products/download/index.cfm?fuseaction=download.main&downloadid=2117 .  I have saved it to my documents tried running it from there, I tried saving it with all of the other tools, and i tried saving it in its own location. None of this has worked. 

I'll try re-downloading it.  I am using AGOL not Portal. So I thought there might be a part where I needed to input the Username and password in order for it to run. 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

DinubaAGOL Admin‌ The info you have provided above looks good to me. The tool is supported on that version of Pro, and all the necessary files are in the same directory. My best suggestion at this point is to contact Esri Support Services. They will be able to do additional troubleshooting with you. The tool should look like this when it opens, and I'm not sure why the parameters aren't loading correctly

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

Honestly, 

I re-downloaded it again and magically it started working.  Thank you

0 Kudos