Select to view content in your preferred language

CCTV processor error

09-10-2014 02:04 PM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I tried to run the model and get the following error.  I do have some information already in each of the tables.  I don't find any help on this with the CCTV processor as it focuses on using ArcGIS Online which is not something I was interested in.  What in the world does this error mean?  How do I fix it? 

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'GDB_ObjectClasses'.  Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

Failed to execute (Add Attachments).

Failed at Wed Sep 10 15:57:29 2014 (Elapsed Time: 0.14 seconds)

Failed to execute (CCTVtoAGOL).

Failed at Wed Sep 10 15:57:29 2014 (Elapsed Time: 14.97 seconds)

I want to run this model and just have my new results added to CCTVCondtions each time.  Is that not what the intent is here?  This model looks to create everything the first time, how do I alter it to just do what I want it to do?

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
Tags (1)
30 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

That's what I am doing.  For each parameter I am starting with an import from the Access database into a file geodatabase.  I guess I could do this separately in two different models.

EDIT:  More info...I tried to separate the processes into two separate models.  Now the tables that I put into the model are from a file gdb.

Executing (Join COND+INSP): JoinField in_memory\CONDITIONS_COPY InspectionID C:\GIS\ENVIRONSERV\SanitarySewer\CCTV.gdb\INSPECTIONS InspectionID Pipe_Segment_Reference;Direction

Start Time: Fri Sep 12 15:11:52 2014

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

Failed to execute (Join COND+INSP).

This appears to be an unknown error. Why is the in_memory necessary for conditions table?  I don't know why I'm asking that since removing it gave the same error but I am curious about it.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Well, I finally worked out the part where it created CCTVConditions with all of the points and the link to the videos but I cannot get the attachments to function correctly.  I think I'm still running into the issue with reruns of the model not reworking all of the outputs.  I am thinking that it would be easier to just link to the snapshots as I have the videos.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

One additional thing that I think may need some work.  When I import the tables from Access (generated by IT Pipes), into a file gdb, the first field such as ConditionID is changed to ObjectID in the file gdb automatically.  That appears to be because the field is type AutoNumber in Access.  I have to manually create the fields and recalculate them off of the ObjectID in order for the model to work correctly.  I may try to model this so it will be easy each time.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, you can just run the script.  We packaged this script up into a workflow to not only create the points, but publish them to online.  You are free to modify this process to match what is required for your organization.

Mike

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I just discovered that the Points along a polygon distance tool does not appear to be honoring the upstream/downstream.  Everything just goes downstream.  What am I doing wrong?  I have the geometric network on and I'm going in the direction of the digitized line, every time I try to turn on the arrows using the network tools, arcmap crashes so I cannot confirm whether or not the network is set up correctly.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I would delete the geometric network and recreate it.  Can you share a sample that is not working? 

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Didn't help to rebuild, and I used the Utility Network Analyst Toolbar to show the flow arrows, this time it showed the arrows  but all with indeterminate flow (just a dot rather than an arrow).  I hit the Set Flow Direction button and nothing happens.  I tried hitting the button on the Water Utility Network Editing Toolbar that sets the flow of network based on the digitized direction of the line and it crashes every time.  Did you want the model sample?

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Isn't there somebody that can help me out there?  I had it working just fine but now it fails every time. I even tried using the original PointsAlongLineDistance script and I get an error every time.  How can this script just stop working?  The data should not be any different.  All I really want to do is be able to use the conditions table and create a point feature class using the distances in the table.  I can add on the joins later, I just want to be able to create the points based on a distance in a table along a polyline.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Josh,

I am not sure what is going on.  We have been able to repo the Access issue and are working on scripts to fix it.  As for the crashing and the points not being created, I am not sure.  If you have time today, give me a call and we can walk through it together and try to figure out what is going on.

My phone is 610-644-3374 x5926

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Josh and All,

We have reworked the scripts.  Attached is the first draft.  They now import from a non GDB access database and create the output FGDB.  They also create a copy of the mains that where surveyed and trim them to the length surveyed.

0 Kudos