Arrangement of elements for Hierarchical Smart Tree

03-11-2014 08:15 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: arish

I am using Hierarchical smart tree algorithm to generate schematics for an electric utility by performing a downstream trace from a point (Power transformer). The schematics generates fine but there is no order in the way the elements of the schematics are arranged. If you refer the attachments, in GIS the fuses are ordered as -  A,B,C, D, E, F, G, H , I, J , K , L but while generation of the schematics, there is no order in the way that it is arranged.

I did a further analysis during the generation of the schematics and found that during trace, the trace results are returned in order i.e. A, B, C, D, E.....  but then the algorithm arranges it in some random order.

Is there a way to control this arrangement order for the hierarchical smart tree or does the algorithm determine the "best" placement mechanism and arranges the elements accordingly in some random manner?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32131[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32132[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
This is just using best placement ordering.  The algorithm isn't specific to any industry, so it doesn't take into account any ordering attribute.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: 4233

Also, for quick clean-up, you can just move the first level node (A, B, C etc...) to better relative positions and then rerun the algorithm and it will use that ordering.  If this is the type of thing you need to do a lot, it would be pretty straight forward to have a developer create a wrapper algorithm around our smart tree to automate this based on your attribute.
0 Kudos