Select to view content in your preferred language

Maximum images permitted for processing

09-28-2023 04:59 PM
YuYangChang
New Contributor

I am trying to upload my multispectral images of a farm land which has about 15,000 images. Unfortunately the recommended number of images is 2,500 per mission, and the merging of mission capped at 3,400 images. I would therefore need to manually mosaic all the chunks at ArcGIS Pro. Additionally, I noticed that only RGB images are available after I upload the orthomosaic layer from Site Scan to ArcGIS Online. Any workarounds on these issues?

3 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Increasing the maximum number of images per mission is planned once we finalize the implementation of the Reality Engine in Site Scan. 

Today, for multispectral processing, ArcGIS Drone2Map is likely the better option as it supports calibration.  If you'd like to see this in Site Scan, please post an Idea. 

Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

Well, since my plan was to not have to pay for licensing for two drone data processing applications, it would be nice to be able to fully process multispectral drone captures, including GCP identification, in Sitescan.  Sitescan can process the images just fine, except for not being able to identify gcps, so I can get a mosaic as output, but it's not completely corrected.  Luckily I can capture with RTK, so the resulting mosaic is really close, but it could be better.

Mrboduke
New Contributor II

Just to clarify, it is my understanding that site scan does process GCPs and can identify them. About to try this, even though I  get good accuracy with RTK as @YuYangChang  mentioned.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-manage-automatic-ground-control-point-detection...

0 Kudos