Select to view content in your preferred language

Mavic 3 Enterprise Drones

04-14-2023 05:12 PM
MichaelLiggett
New Contributor

I am starting a new thread specifically to address questions related to the DJI Mavic 3 enterprise drones.  In a previous thread addressing the Mavic 3, there was mention of certain constraints for ESRI support of this platform.  I have the following summary and questions below:

SiteScan Flight App was built on IOS.  Currently DJI has only released the SDK for android.  Are there plans to develop an android-based flight app for SiteScan?  All of DJI's newer enterprise level drones run on the RC Pro controller, which are all android based.  It seems prudent with the older DJI enterprise drones (Phantom 4 series and Mavic 2 series) becoming obsolete, that resources be quickly allocated to provide options for SiteScan users.  

I am also interested in when ESRI SiteScan users will be able to process data from the newer sensors on the Mavic 3 enterprise multispectral and thermal drones?  My understanding is this is unrelated to the SDK.

Thanks!

@NicoBonnafoux 

3 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @MichaelLiggett , I moved your post as these are questions rather than a single "Idea". 

Regarding Site Scan Flight Android Support, please refer to this idea. It's currently under consideration and we are working to allocate staff resources to begin the project. This will take time. 
If you'd like to suggest support for a Mavic 3 Enterprise, please create an idea for the specific model to allow other users to vote and comment on your suggestion. Even though Android support is a prerequisite, this would still be helpful. 

Regarding the processing of Mavic 3 Enterprise images in Site Scan Manager: 

- M3E: We have several users already processing M3E RGB images with excellent results. Site Scan was actually showcased in one of DJI's recent M3E promo videos

-M3T: we haven't tested this because we don't have sample data. If the images are the same as from the H20T, it may not work because DJI has been using a non-standard rjpg format. 

-M3M: also not tested, but it should it would work fine today (P4M images are supported) 

If you have sample data to share, that would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Mrboduke
New Contributor II

I’m getting decent results with M3M so far. No ortho views in Site Scan, but downloadable with quality reports. Would love support for Site Scan app.

0 Kudos
ChrisJRoss13
New Contributor III

Hi Nico, 

I have some sample M3M data if you are still interested?

0 Kudos