Select to view content in your preferred language

windows installation trouble

04-20-2023 09:19 AM
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

I am able to install QT 6.5 on Mac but I have trouble running the display-a-map on Windows to verify the installation.  Specifically, I have mingui64.  When I run the display-a-map, I got ole32.lib not found.

Thomas

0 Kudos
23 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @arcgisdev007,

Thanks for reaching out to the team. On Windows we only support the VS 2019 Qt kit. Mingw kits are not supported. You should be all set if you have Visual Studio and are able to use that Qt kit instead.

0 Kudos
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

I have vs2022 installed but it does not look like it is being used by QT 6.5 but I will double check again.

While I have your attention, do I need to use qmake?  I have Qt setup on Mac.  I got "QML module not found (Esri.ArcGISRuntime) when I use cmake but I do not this error when I am using qmake.  In the error hint, I got for CMake, make sure QML_IMPORT_PATH variable in CMakeCache.txt.  Please advise.

thomas

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@arcgisdev007 There are separate Windows kits provided by Qt, so you need to be sure you've downloaded and configured the msvc2019 kit. VS 2022 should work fine with that kit.

We support both qmake and cmake, but you may get "module not found" IDE warnings until you build. Are you hitting that problem when running, or only when viewing it in the IDE?

0 Kudos
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

1. clean

2. build

3. still get error with Esri.ArcGISRuntime not file

4. :-1: error: Invalid json file: /Users/tomyuen007/Desktop/arcgis-sdk-for-qt/build-my-display-a-web-map-qml-Android_Qt_6_5_0_Clang_x86-Debug/android-my-display-a-web-map-qml-deployment-settings.json

Thomas

0 Kudos
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@arcgisdev007 , this looks like targeting Android now from macOS. I tested locally and I get the same thing you're seeing. Qt 6.5 was released right as we were certifying our release, so looks like we missed catching this bug.

It should work for you if you're able to try Qt 6.4.3 in the meantime. I'll get a bug logged so we can investigate this.

0 Kudos
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

thank you for the reply but is it possible to add the certified version of Qt in the getting started guide?

i will add 6.4.3 in my installation in windows but MAC seems to work ok for me so far.

Thomas

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@arcgisdev007 we typically mention a minimum required version, but you are free to use any newer version (in this case 6.5.0 being the latest). There are no restrictions on using Qt 6.5 LTS, but unfortunately we have this bug we need to figure out on Android with CMake.

6.5 should otherwise be working fine with our latest release (200.1).

0 Kudos
arcgisdev007
New Contributor III

installed Qt 6.4.3 on both Mac and Windows. 

On Mac, I got "ASSERT: "!parsed.isError()" in file /Users/qt/work/qt/qtbase/src/corelib/plugin/qpluginloader.cpp, line 451 /Users/qt/work/qt/qtbase/src/corelib/plugin/qpluginloader.cpp: 451" when running the the display_a_map and I still cannot run android.  

For Android, I am using Pixel 4 API 29 emulator.

For iOS, I am using iPhone 14 Pro Max emulator.

On Windows, I still cannot run Android on Android emulator.  I got "The backend name 'cert-only' does not support TLS".

Please advise

0 Kudos