Select to view content in your preferred language

Performance Decrease on Fullscreen

05-21-2019 08:49 AM
SelimOzel
New Contributor III

I am working with QT/C++ SDK on a project. Recently I realized that there is a performance drop on the 3D world when app enters fullscreen. I also opened some example codes, one of them being /Scenes/ChooseCameraController/, and the performance decreases persists. Is this normal? Are there any tunings I can make to adjust  the performance?

Best,

S

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Selim Ozel‌,

Thanks for reaching out the team about this problem. Can you provide some more details?

What kind of performance issues are you seeing? Is it just panning and zooming the SceneView? Does the frame rate drop (stuttering)? Is it the speed at which the basemap is drawing? What platform(s) are you seeing this with?

Please provide the version you're testing with as well. Our latest released version is 100.5.

Thanks

SelimOzel
New Contributor III

Hi!

It's frame drop while panning and zooming the SceneView. It's very smooth in the Window mode but starts to stutter when put into full screen mode. I experience a similar behavior in my main application too. Just wondering if there are any software optimizations I could do. For example, can I decrease stutter by decreasing screen resolution (or give users the option to adjust resolution?).

Basemap draw speed is roughly the same on fullscreen and window modes, I have no issues with that.

My system is a Dell laptop running Windows 10 on Intel i7 CPU, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050. My SDK version is 100.5. 

Best,

S

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Selim Ozel‌ for the extra information.

I've tried a few 3D samples on my Windows desktop machine and I didn't see any frame rate or interaction sluggishness with 100.5 using the SDK Qml sample app.

Can you share your screen resolution? Mine is 1920 x 1080. I'm wondering if a very high resolution could be what's causing the difference here.

SelimOzel
New Contributor III

Hi James, thanks for the answer! I ended up starting my main program in full-screen from the code and did some code removal and it seems faster now.

The lag on the tutorial application was mostly due to scene getting loaded. Although it does slightly feel laggy in higher resolution.

0 Kudos