Weight of evidence

07-16-2018 05:09 AM
paulbonnard
New Contributor III

Hello everybody,

I am working on a project where we are using weight of evidence and i have to implement it on python.

I have some question but not about the implementation, maye i am not in the right place, but if someone knows about woe and want to answer to my question it will be very helpful for me.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
17 Replies
paulbonnard
New Contributor III

Okay,

Give me your Email and i will send you the code.

Bonnard Paul 

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hello, may I suggest instead of posting your email in this public thread, please consider following/connecting with each other and then you can send a direct message. These docs will help you with those actions:

Connecting to Other Users 

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1079-creating-and-sending-messages-to-other-members 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
ParthipanS
New Contributor II

Hi Paul Bonnard,

Please connect/follow me so that we can send a private message.

thank & regards

Parthipan.s

paulbonnard
New Contributor III

Hello, i have already send you a mail, please look at your gmail, and maybe in the spam

0 Kudos
ArijitArghya
New Contributor

Hello Paul,

I am working on a project for which I need to identify the location of the landslide based on morphological features using the weight of evidence method. Can you please send me the codes for the weight of evidence model which I can apply in ArcGIS pro?

Regards

Arijit 

0 Kudos
ParthipanS
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, can you send me the code? I've considered the Landside points as dependent variable and slope, aspect, distance from the road, geology, geomorphology as the independent variable. kindly help me to solve this issue it will be very helpful

0 Kudos
ParthipanS
New Contributor II

Parthipan S‌ 

can you help me to solve WofE?

0 Kudos
NeilFordyce
New Contributor III

Sorry it's taken years to reply to this but I am just getting back to WOFE after a break. I was involved in WOFE with ArcVIEW in the mid 1990's and then with ArcMAP in the early 2000's. 

To understand WOFE read Graeme Bonham-Carters' book "GIS for Geoscientists". The code examples are very easy to follow. Also Graeme's early papers.

For other easy to understand papers look for papers by Gary L. Raines.

For more recent work than Gary's look for papers by Vesa Nykanen from Geological Survey of Finland (GTK).

Vesa has done a lot of this sort of work and worked with Gary Raines. 

Search for Mark Mihalasky and WOFE to find some other papers e.g. WOFE modelling sediment hosted gold deposits. Mark's PhD is a good read for the basics of WOFE.

GTK has released code for WOFE for ArcGIS PRO. See https://github.com/gtkfi/ArcSDM

Older "versions" of the Spatial Data Modeller for ArcGIS 10 can be found at https://www.ige.unicamp.br/sdm/

The logic for WOFE is very robust and it is relatively easy to program. What is difficult is manipulating the and finding appropriate data sets and understanding the contrast curves etc.

0 Kudos