Streetview Add-In on 10.3

Jump to solution
01-29-2015 02:31 PM
AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

Does arcmap 10.3 have a streetview tool built into it?  I was using the SIGGIS Add-In on 10.2.2 but the app stopped working.  I also was looking to upgrade to 10.3 anyways, but i thought I'd ask the question ahead of time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanBroad
New Contributor III

Hello- I created a simple Python add-in for Street View. It doesn't open within ArcMap, but in your browser.

You can download it here:

Google Street View Python Add-in for ArcMap - Ian Broad

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
IanBroad
New Contributor III

Hello- I created a simple Python add-in for Street View. It doesn't open within ArcMap, but in your browser.

You can download it here:

Google Street View Python Add-in for ArcMap - Ian Broad

Hope this helps.

AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

Hey Ian,

I actually already downloaded this in the past and It wasn't working.  I just tried it again and I'm getting the same result.  Basically, the tool says "missing" and there isn't an ability to actually use the streetview.

Is there any fix around this?

0 Kudos
IanBroad
New Contributor III

I've seen this before, and it was because the Python environment variables weren't set correctly, or Python wasn't installed on the machine. It can also be because there are syntax errors in the code, but I know that's not the case.

Did you install Python with your ArcGIS Desktop install?

If you open the Python command line, can you import arcpy successfully?

AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

Nope...that would be the issue then.  I'll look into installing the python arcgis install then let you know if it works or not.  Thanks!

~alex

0 Kudos
IanBroad
New Contributor III

No problem, let me know if you aren't able to get it.

AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

I am feeling like an idiot right now, but I don't remember how to install arcpy.  through research, I found that win32-py2.6.exe was the app I needed.  I was also under suspicion the install was under the license administrator.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
IanBroad
New Contributor III

You need to find the original ArcGIS Desktop install media.

Then you can choose to Modify the current install:

Modify.png

And make sure Python is enabled:

Python.png

AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

Hey Ian,

So I reinstalled ArcMap and ensured python was installed but when I type import arcpy I still get an error.  I'm going to do some research of my own but in the event I don't find a solution is there anything else you would recommend?

0 Kudos
AlexanderPugliese
New Contributor III

Hey Ian, sorry to continually bother you, but I fixed the issue.  It was resolved using this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/86343  My only question now for you involves what the map opens in.  Is there any way I can configure the addon to open in google earth?

Thanks!

~alex

0 Kudos