Spyder won't execute in new clone

08-16-2021 04:15 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I was so excited to read that the python clone problems are fixed at Pro 2.8.2 that I installed it and made a clone.  I then used anaconda navigator to install Spyder; I usually use the command line, but I thought what the heck...

Long story short, I can't get Spyder to execute now.  My shortcut does nothing and when I try to run the spyder-script.py from an idle window I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Clones\Pro282\Scripts\spyder-script.py", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "C:\Clones\Pro282\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\start.py", line 237, in main
    from spyder.app import mainwindow
  File "C:\Clones\Pro282\lib\site-packages\spyder\app\mainwindow.py", line 43, in <module>
    requirements.check_qt()
  File "C:\Clones\Pro282\lib\site-packages\spyder\requirements.py", line 44, in check_qt
    import qtpy
  File "C:\Clones\Pro282\lib\site-packages\qtpy\__init__.py", line 210, in <module>
    raise PythonQtError('No Qt bindings could be found')
qtpy.PythonQtError: No Qt bindings could be found

Not sure what the Qt mojo is about... When I do  'conda list' in the clone I see qt and qtpy:

JoeBorgione_0-1629155294523.png

Navigator sees them too:

JoeBorgione_1-1629155439384.png

Someday I'll create an ArcGIS Pro clone and it'll work first time out of the box.  Just not today...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I bet you didn't remove/rename the spyder folders in your c:\user\blah path prior to installing in your clone

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Yeah... I don't know:  I wiped the 2.8.2 clone as well as a 2.7.4 clone (I clone to c:\clones), and then I ditched the navigator install for command line:

conda install spyder=5.0.5

And I'm up and running...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ahh clones

clones2.png

... sort of retired...
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I love to hate them....