Script Tool - Works on desktop but not on citrix

Jump to solution
03-23-2018 06:32 AM
ChrisHolmes
Occasional Contributor III

I have a small script tool that works fine in desktop version of arcmap but when I try to run it from the catalog tab in the citrix version of arcmap I get the following error:

I found the following link related to the error 000824:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013100

Adding the arcpy.CheckOutExtension makes no difference to the error.

Here is the code for the script:

import arcpy

locno = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)
year = locno[3:7]
inFc = "//work/work/plan/luam/1p2007/" + year + "/" + locno + "/data_for_item.gdb|data/proposed_LOC_polygon"
outFc = "//work/work/plan/luam/1p2007/" + year + "/" + locno + "/data_for_item.gdb|data/site_location"
arcpy.AddMessage('in: ' + inFc)
arcpy.AddMessage('out: ' + outFc)
arcpy.CheckOutExtension('AgendaMapping')
arcpy.FeatureToPoint_management(inFc,outFc)‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I wonder if it could have anything to do with the licensing level that I may have for arcmap citrix? I'm just taking a guess on this based on the "The tool is not licensed" comment.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHolmes

Figured it out. It has to do with the license level running on our server vs my desktop. I have advanced license on my desktop, they have standard license running on our server. arcpy.FeatureToPoint_management requires advanced license. That's why it worked on my desktop but not on the server.

Would be nice to find a list of what license level is required for all functions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Maybe you have to set the ArcGIS Desktop License by this

How To: License ArcGIS Desktop on Citrix 

ChrisHolmes

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Figured it out. It has to do with the license level running on our server vs my desktop. I have advanced license on my desktop, they have standard license running on our server. arcpy.FeatureToPoint_management requires advanced license. That's why it worked on my desktop but not on the server.

Would be nice to find a list of what license level is required for all functions.

0 Kudos