Python Notebooks | Notebook Note Found at Request URL

2 weeks ago
AlexONeill
New Contributor

Hello! I am running ArcPro v 3.2.2 and am running into this error when I go to open a new notebook. Any thoughts on how to best troubleshoot? @HannesZiegler 

AlexONeill_0-1714753964880.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HannesZiegler
Esri Contributor

@AlexONeill take a look at Python in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 FAQ - Esri Community, there is a section on "Failed to load notebook" errors. 

Also, is it working on the default environment arcgispro-py3? If it is only broken in clones, do the versions of- 

%programfiles%\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\arcgisscripting\_arcgisscripting.pyd

-and-
%localappdata%\ESRI\conda\envs\<your_env_name>\Lib\site-packages\arcgisscripting\_arcgisscripting.pyd

-match?

You can use a script like this to check the versions:

def get_version_number(filename):
    info = GetFileVersionInfo(filename, "\\")
    ms = info['FileVersionMS']
    ls = info['FileVersionLS']
    return HIWORD(ms), LOWORD(ms), HIWORD(ls), LOWORD(ls)
0 Kudos
AlexanderWebber
New Contributor

Hi Hannes,

I am getting this error too. I am using version 3.3.0

"Notebook not found at the requested URL. This may be caused by an unsupported proxy configuration, or an invalid Jupyter Notebook server configuration."

I had never used the Notebook functionality until yesterday. I created a notebook and wrote a short script to batch export all my layouts. It worked fine. I didn't modify the environment in any way.

Today I tried to load the notebook and I get the above error. In fact I get this same error when I try to open notebooks in any other projects now, even new projects.

0 Kudos
BrandonMcAlister
Occasional Contributor

Hey @AlexONeill, I see this error all the time and its usually on starting the ArcPro project. However, I have not been able to reproduce it, it happens randomly. I do have my arcpy environment cloned and have the cx_oracle package added. When I encounter this error I have to close any open notebooks then open them again. 

When are you encountering this error, is it when creating new notebooks, on start up, or when adding existing notebooks?

Are you working in the base arcpy environment or in a custom environment?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos