Need some help with making multiple feature classes based on spatial relationships.

02-11-2022 09:19 AM
ColeNelson
New Contributor III

Hey everyone, the ESRI Community has been really helpful and would not be as far as I am with this code with you.  I do need help with this last bit though. 

So the goal of this tool/code is to take the "Lines_Selected" line feature class and divide it up into two line feature classes based on their spatial relationship to my point feature classes.

Capture.PNG

The Lines_Selected feature class is created in the ForDeveloping.gdb and added to the map frame. 

After this is done I want to divide it into two feature classes, based on the lines' spatial relationship to the point feature classes located in the NewHydrant.gdb.  They should be called Kuna4WS_StreetsExtracted and Middleton4WS_StreetsExtracted. 

However the code I currently have just copies the Lines_Selected feature class from the map frame and saves it in the NewHydrants.gdb, which isn't what I'm wanting.  Here is the code that I am using, any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated, thank you!

import arcpy
import os

arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

arcpy.env.workspace =  r"C:\UpdateDevelopmentPython\ForDeveloping\ForDeveloping.gdb"
EnterWaterSysID = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0).split(";")
Hydrant_FC = "Hydrants"
WaterSystems = "WaterSystems"
Streetmap = r"C:\UpdateDevelopmentPython\Streetmap Premium\FGDB\StreetMap_Data\NorthAmerica.gdb\Routing\Routing_ND"

qry = "{0} IN ({1})".format(arcpy.AddFieldDelimiters(datasource= Hydrant_FC, field = 'WaterSysID'), ', '.join(EnterWaterSysID))

arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management(in_layer_or_view=Hydrant_FC, where_clause=qry)
arcpy.SelectLayerByLocation_management(Hydrant_FC,"Within",WaterSystems,None,"SUBSET_SELECTION","INVERT")

arcpy.env.workspace = r"C:\UpdateDevelopmentPython\ForDeveloping\ForDeveloping.gdb"
Service_Area = arcpy.na.MakeServiceAreaAnalysisLayer(network_data_source=Streetmap,
                                                       layer_name="Service Area",
                                                       travel_mode="Driving Distance",
                                                       travel_direction="FROM_FACILITIES",
                                                       cutoffs=[0.189394],
                                                       time_of_day="",
                                                       time_zone="LOCAL_TIME_AT_LOCATIONS",
                                                       output_type="LINES",
                                                       polygon_detail="STANDARD",
                                                       geometry_at_overlaps="SPLIT",
                                                       geometry_at_cutoffs="RINGS",
                                                       polygon_trim_distance="100 Meters",
                                                       exclude_sources_from_polygon_generation=[],
                                                       accumulate_attributes=["Miles"],
                                                       ignore_invalid_locations="SKIP")[0]

Updated_Service_Area = arcpy.na.AddLocations(in_network_analysis_layer=Service_Area,
                                             sub_layer="Facilities",
                                             in_table=Hydrant_FC,
                                             field_mappings="",
                                             search_tolerance="5000 Meters",
                                             sort_field="",
                                             search_criteria=[["Routing_Streets", "SHAPE"],
                                                             ["Routing_Streets_Override", "NONE"],
                                                             ["Routing_ND_Junctions", "NONE"]],
                                             match_type="MATCH_TO_CLOSEST",
                                             append="APPEND",
                                             snap_to_position_along_network="NO_SNAP",
                                             snap_offset="5 Meters",
                                             exclude_restricted_elements="EXCLUDE",
                                             search_query=[])[0]

Solve_Succeeded = arcpy.na.Solve(in_network_analysis_layer=Updated_Service_Area,
                                 ignore_invalids="SKIP",
                                 terminate_on_solve_error="TERMINATE",
                                 simplification_tolerance="",
                                 overrides="")

Lines = arcpy.Select_analysis("Lines","Lines_Selected")

arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management(Hydrant_FC, "CLEAR_SELECTION")

Lines_Extracted = r"C:\UpdateDevelopmentPython\ForDeveloping\ForDeveloping.gdb\Lines_Selected"
p = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("CURRENT")
m = p.listMaps("Map")[0]
m.addDataFromPath(Lines_Extracted)

gdb = r"C:\UpdateDevelopmentPython\ForDeveloping\NewHydrants.gdb"

HydrantLines = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses()
for fc in HydrantLines:
    desc = arcpy.da.Describe(fc)
    HydrantFeatures = os.path.join(gdb,desc["baseName"])
    arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(fc,HydrantFeatures)
    arcpy.SelectLayerByLocation_management("Lines_Selected","WITHIN_A_DISTANCE",HydrantFeatures,"1000 Feet")

HydrantPoints = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses()
for fcs in HydrantPoints:
    desc1 = arcpy.da.Describe(fcs)
    arcpy.SpatialJoin_analysis("Lines_Selected",fcs, HydrantFeatures)
    arcpy.Copy_management("Lines_Selected",HydrantFeatures)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You might have missed the response in your original post

Help with using list layers and select by location... - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ColeNelson
New Contributor III

Lol, I did miss that, I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos