How do I set the IDE for Python in ArcGIS Pro?

05-02-2018 05:23 AM
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I'm having difficulty setting the IDE used opened by ArcGIS pro when I right-click a script and select Edit. I have tried to enter the filepath to pyscripter.exe in under geoprocessing options, but even so only the standard text editor opens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

35 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

quite different than mine

I will put in some static then

mp4... but maybe my res is too high

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Lol it is....this is what you posted...if Pro is doing THAT, you have bigger problems than I do....

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

shows fine on my computer ??????

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Weird. Cleared cache and it reloaded. Probably because you're using Spyder as the default editor. Our position is to deploy the software as advertised, then users can customize at will. But few, if any, are going to be using Spyder. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Yes... our policy is to create the image as we want it, then deploy it.  We work in conjunction with IT to ensure we get what we need... and the vast majority of our users need full scripting.  (at an university/college could range in the tens to hundreds).

The auto-update thing doesn't happen until a term ends, then the image is reblasted before the next term.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I fondly recall the days of setting up GIS images for Virtual Computing Lab......if only I had a university IT budget....

0 Kudos
muqdadAl_hamami
New Contributor II

Sir, I did the steps that I read above but still the edit is not active.  I tried on both ArcMap and ArcGIS, both not working

0 Kudos
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

It seems to be working with ArcPro 2.2.1

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What seems to be working in 2.2.1?  Setting the IDE within ArcGIS Pro?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No Joe ...install via conda or install in the clone

0 Kudos