Get version Change details using Arcpy

03-28-2017 02:40 PM
OTISSupport
New Contributor

I am working on reconciliation and post arcpy scripts and I have a requirement to get feature class which are edited in user version using arcpy. I believe this can be accomplished  by version change tool from ArcMap but I would like to the same details using Arcpy.

I would like to know if there is any to way to implement to version change tool in arcpy or any other alternative. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You can call the appropriate tools using the code samples in the help topics unless the versions in arcpy is more what you are looking for

PrasanthRamachandran1
New Contributor

Actually I am looking for this command  (Using the Version Changes command—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop ) in ARCPY

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You either implement the existing tool through arcpy (ie. by calling it in your script) or see if anything was in the second link I sent... repeated here.  If neither is good, then it isn't implemented yet.  Arcpy does not replicate many things through python and there are no tool equivalents for some arcpy functions. You just have to live within the parameters of what is provided and put in requests for other needs.

RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Is this the tool you are wanting to use? Change Version

PrasanthRamachandran1
New Contributor
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess is because there is a graphical component to it that there is not a arcpy option.  However, as a possible step towards your needs, maybe use the

Reconcile Versions—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

with the "abort if conflicts" and the "out log".  Maybe you can git the log to print the conflicts. (I have not tested).