ExtractMultiValuesToPoints Returning Point Feature Class Identical To The Input With No Added Fields or Values

04-14-2020 04:34 PM
BrandonZaitz
New Contributor III

I have a point feature class, stored in memory, i have 5 rasters, stored in memory. I can extract the values of each individual raster with the point feature class using the ExtractValuesToPoints function with no problems. However, when i try and run ExtractMultiValuesToPoints, it runs VERY quickly (like 10 seconds) and returns a feature class that contains no new fields and no new values extracted from the raster, no errors are raised, nothing. I have tried defining the field name for each raster and passing that in the list with the rasters. I have tried not passing a field name. I have tried passing the raster result objects. I have tried passing the "in_memory" text path of the rasters. Same result no matter what i try. Has anyone else experienced this, i can find nothing on this or any other forum.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonZaitz
New Contributor III

Does this tool only take rasters that are saved to disk? I suppose i will do that and see if it works...

0 Kudos
BrandonZaitz
New Contributor III

Saving the rasters to the disk had the same result. No error, ran far too quickly, no fields or values in those fields added.

I guess i may as well save the point feature class to the disk too and see if that changes the result...

0 Kudos
BrandonZaitz
New Contributor III

Scratch that... im done wasting my time on this method, using an obviously broken tool from ESRI. I will build a work around. If anyone else has had this issue though i would love to hear how and if you resolved it.

0 Kudos