exporting Jpegs with ptyhon

Jump to solution
07-15-2014 04:03 AM
jackwalker
New Contributor II

We are in the process of migrating from One sever to another. But that is another story i am working as Gis Tech , because of the migration we have a lot of MXD file and we need to see which ones need to be kept. Because the maps take such a long time to load and there are so many i thought that it be better to have a jpeg for each ,map which i can consult with the technical guys , on wheather we need to keep it or not.

I am going into the manually at the moment and then exporting out a Jpeg.

i was wondering if  there is a script kicking around for something like this ? Ideally i like the script to look in a folder and any sub folders , then export out the existing layout view as a Jpeg , using the filename of the existing map and save it into a pre defined folder ?

How long would a script like this take . Would it be faster than the time its taking to open the MXD S , which is 3- 5 minutes for each one

Thanks a lot Jak

!

10 Replies
Mellefson
New Contributor

Hello! I just came across this script you made (a long while ago) into a toolbox for ArcMap and it works great. my only question is is there a way to make the Jpegs export at a higher resolution? they are coming out a big grainy. 

Thanks!

Mo

0 Kudos